Family Releases Statement Over Peaches Geldof's 'Unexplained' Death
Peaches Geldof unexpectedly died at the age of 25, leaving two young sons and husband Tom Cohen. The model, who is the second daughter of singer Bob Geldof, was found dead at her home in Wrotham, Kent on Monday, April 7.
According to BBC News, authorities were called to Kent residence on Monday afternoon after a report of "concern for the welfare of a woman." A woman was taken by South East Coast Ambulance services and was pronounced dead.
No cause of death was immediately released by the police who classified it as "unexplained and sudden." A police spokesman said, "Officers are working to establish the circumstances around the death." A post-mortem will be carried out but her death will not be treated as suspicious.
Bob has released a statement over her death, saying, "Peaches has died. We are beyond pain." He added, "She was the wildest, funniest, cleverest, wittiest and the most bonkers of all of us. Writing 'was' destroys me afresh. What a beautiful child. How is this possible that we will not see her again? How is that bearable? We loved her and will cherish her forever."
Tom, who is the frontman of punk band S.C.U.M., said, "My beloved wife Peaches was adored by myself and her two sons, Astala and Phaedra. I shall bring them up with their mother in their hearts everyday."
Peaches had struggled with drugs addiction in the past but said in 2009 that she had cleaned up. Her mother Paula Yates died of drug overdose when Peaches was 11. Those who knew her said she took her mother's death hard. Her last post on Twitter was on Sunday when she posted a link to an Instagram photo of her toddler self and Paula. "Me and my mum," she captioned.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy