First Teaser for HBO's 'The Leftovers'
HBO has given a look at its new series "The Leftovers" by debuting the first teaser. "Two percent doesn't sound like much," a narrator says in the video. "It's 140 million people. And like that, they were gone."
Based on the bestselling novel by Tom Perrotta, the upcoming drama is the story of the people who didn't make the cut. When 2% of the world's population abruptly disappears without explanation, the world struggles to understand just what they're supposed to do about it.
Justin Theroux stars as Kevin Garvey, a father of two and the chief of police in a small New York suburb, as he tries to maintain some semblance of normalcy when the notion no longer applies. Liv Tyler lands role as Meg, a young woman who is about to be married, but needs an escape. She is recruited to join a cult following the Rapture.
"Lost" co-creator Damon Lindelof and Perrotta co-wrote the pilot in addition to serving as executive producers along with Ron Yerxa, Albert Berger and Sarah Aubrey. Also supported by Amy Brenneman, Christopher Eccleston, Chris Zylka, Margaret Qualley, Carrie Coon, Emily Meade, Amanda Warren, Ann Dowd, Michael Gaston, Max Carver, Charlie Carver, Annie Q, Paterson Joseph and Brad Leland, it is set to premiere June 15 at 10 P.M. ET on HBO.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift