First Teaser for HBO's 'The Leftovers'
HBO has given a look at its new series "The Leftovers" by debuting the first teaser. "Two percent doesn't sound like much," a narrator says in the video. "It's 140 million people. And like that, they were gone."
Based on the bestselling novel by Tom Perrotta, the upcoming drama is the story of the people who didn't make the cut. When 2% of the world's population abruptly disappears without explanation, the world struggles to understand just what they're supposed to do about it.
Justin Theroux stars as Kevin Garvey, a father of two and the chief of police in a small New York suburb, as he tries to maintain some semblance of normalcy when the notion no longer applies. Liv Tyler lands role as Meg, a young woman who is about to be married, but needs an escape. She is recruited to join a cult following the Rapture.
"Lost" co-creator Damon Lindelof and Perrotta co-wrote the pilot in addition to serving as executive producers along with Ron Yerxa, Albert Berger and Sarah Aubrey. Also supported by Amy Brenneman, Christopher Eccleston, Chris Zylka, Margaret Qualley, Carrie Coon, Emily Meade, Amanda Warren, Ann Dowd, Michael Gaston, Max Carver, Charlie Carver, Annie Q, Paterson Joseph and Brad Leland, it is set to premiere June 15 at 10 P.M. ET on HBO.
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski