First Teaser for HBO's 'The Leftovers'
HBO has given a look at its new series "The Leftovers" by debuting the first teaser. "Two percent doesn't sound like much," a narrator says in the video. "It's 140 million people. And like that, they were gone."
Based on the bestselling novel by Tom Perrotta, the upcoming drama is the story of the people who didn't make the cut. When 2% of the world's population abruptly disappears without explanation, the world struggles to understand just what they're supposed to do about it.
Justin Theroux stars as Kevin Garvey, a father of two and the chief of police in a small New York suburb, as he tries to maintain some semblance of normalcy when the notion no longer applies. Liv Tyler lands role as Meg, a young woman who is about to be married, but needs an escape. She is recruited to join a cult following the Rapture.
"Lost" co-creator Damon Lindelof and Perrotta co-wrote the pilot in addition to serving as executive producers along with Ron Yerxa, Albert Berger and Sarah Aubrey. Also supported by Amy Brenneman, Christopher Eccleston, Chris Zylka, Margaret Qualley, Carrie Coon, Emily Meade, Amanda Warren, Ann Dowd, Michael Gaston, Max Carver, Charlie Carver, Annie Q, Paterson Joseph and Brad Leland, it is set to premiere June 15 at 10 P.M. ET on HBO.
More The Leftovers News
- Michelle Rodriguez Threatens to Quit 'Fast and Furious' Franchise Over Its Depiction of Women
- Paris Hilton and Chris Zylka Are Reportedly Getting Engaged Soon
- Missing the Kids, Brad Pitt Urges Angelina Jolie to Have Family Reunion
- Watch Nick Jonas' Calvin Klein-Esque Video for 'Remember I Told You' Ft. Anne-Marie and Mike Posner
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Rachel Ends Lee-Kenny Feud, Sends Home Six Guys
- Report: Rob Kardashian Says He Pays All of Blac Chyna's Bills
- 'America's Got Talent' Week 5: Guy Sings Whitney Houston's 'I Have Nothing' Like It's Nothing
- Remy Ma Totally Expects Nicki Minaj's Diss at NBA Awards