December 02, 2016  

Richard Donner and Corey Feldman Say 'Goonies' Sequel Is Still Happening

April 7, 2014 (6:53 am) GMT
The director says he's working to bring back the original cast, while the actor tweets about attempt to bring the best script possible.

"The Goonies" sequel is not dead yet, assures director Richard Donner. "If you call 'Goonies' a comic book. We're doing a sequel," the helmer of 1978's "Superman" says when asked by TMZ if he will do another comic book movie. He hopes to bring back the original cast for the follow-up.

In response to the buzz surrounding the sequel project, , one of the original cast members, took to Twitter to confirm, "It's close, then I believe they R workin hard 2 make it the best script poss and if and when they feel confident 2 share w us, U will know!"

Talks about a possible sequel to the 1985 kid-centric adventure film have long been discussed. Last year, another original cast, , told IGN, "It will happen." The now 43-year-old actor added, "I'm 1000 percent certain there will be a sequel. I will bet my children on it."

The original movie was scripted by Chris Columbus from a story by executive producer Steven Spielberg. It followed a group of kids who found a map that led them on an adventure to unearth a missing treasure of legendary pirate, One-Eyed Willie. It starred Astin, Feldman, , Jeff Cohen, and .



TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
  2. Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
  3. John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
  4. Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
  5. Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
  6. Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
  7. Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
  8. 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M