Richard Donner and Corey Feldman Say 'Goonies' Sequel Is Still Happening
"The Goonies" sequel is not dead yet, assures director Richard Donner. "If you call 'Goonies' a comic book. We're doing a sequel," the helmer of 1978's "Superman" says when asked by TMZ if he will do another comic book movie. He hopes to bring back the original cast for the follow-up.
In response to the buzz surrounding the sequel project, Corey Feldman, one of the original cast members, took to Twitter to confirm, "It's close, then I believe they R workin hard 2 make it the best script poss and if and when they feel confident 2 share w us, U will know!"
Talks about a possible sequel to the 1985 kid-centric adventure film have long been discussed. Last year, another original cast, Sean Astin, told IGN, "It will happen." The now 43-year-old actor added, "I'm 1000 percent certain there will be a sequel. I will bet my children on it."
The original movie was scripted by Chris Columbus from a story by executive producer Steven Spielberg. It followed a group of kids who found a map that led them on an adventure to unearth a missing treasure of legendary pirate, One-Eyed Willie. It starred Astin, Feldman, Josh Brolin, Jeff Cohen, and Martha Plimpton.
It's close, then I believe they R workin hard 2 make it the best script poss and if and when they feel confident 2 share w us, U will know!— Corey Feldman (@Corey_Feldman) April 6, 2014
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video