ACM Awards 2014: Jason Aldean and Miranda Lambert Are Vocalists of the Year
The 49th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards is currently taking place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas with Jason Aldean recently being announced as Male Vocalist of the Year. Aldean took the stage at the Sunday, April 6 show to receive his trophy, telling the audience that his win was "unexpected." He said, "It's been a hell of a ride. I hope it doesn't end any time soon." Other contenders in the category included Lee Brice, Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton and Keith Urban.
Following a performance from Toby Keith who sang "Shut Up and Hold On", The Band Perry was announced as the winner of Vocal Group of the Year. "ACMs, this is a mountaintop moment in the life of The Band Perry. And we appreciate it so much because we started out at the bottom," Kimberly Perry stated, adding that the trophy was dedicated to "the climbers" out there.
Hunter Hayes then continued the show by taking the stage to sing "Invisible". Audience members gave warm response after the performance.
Miranda Lambert took home another trophy that night as she was announced as Female Vocalist of the Year. "I cannot believe this. I was just hanging out with Trisha Yearwood, holy crap," she said during her speech. Lambert also mentioned other nominees and gave special shout-out to friends in her hometown of Lindale, Texas.
The 2014 ACM Awards is hosted by Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan. Full winners will be announced soon.
- Kourtney Kardashian Posts This Sweet Picture to Wish Scott Disick a Happy Birthday
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image