ACM Awards 2014: Jason Aldean and Miranda Lambert Are Vocalists of the Year
The 49th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards is currently taking place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas with Jason Aldean recently being announced as Male Vocalist of the Year. Aldean took the stage at the Sunday, April 6 show to receive his trophy, telling the audience that his win was "unexpected." He said, "It's been a hell of a ride. I hope it doesn't end any time soon." Other contenders in the category included Lee Brice, Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton and Keith Urban.
Following a performance from Toby Keith who sang "Shut Up and Hold On", The Band Perry was announced as the winner of Vocal Group of the Year. "ACMs, this is a mountaintop moment in the life of The Band Perry. And we appreciate it so much because we started out at the bottom," Kimberly Perry stated, adding that the trophy was dedicated to "the climbers" out there.
Hunter Hayes then continued the show by taking the stage to sing "Invisible". Audience members gave warm response after the performance.
Miranda Lambert took home another trophy that night as she was announced as Female Vocalist of the Year. "I cannot believe this. I was just hanging out with Trisha Yearwood, holy crap," she said during her speech. Lambert also mentioned other nominees and gave special shout-out to friends in her hometown of Lindale, Texas.
The 2014 ACM Awards is hosted by Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan. Full winners will be announced soon.
- Desperate to Lose Weight, Mariah Carey Opts for Breast Reduction Surgery
- Get a Glimpse of Demi Moore and Eva Longoria in 'Empire' Season 3B Teaser
- Marc Anthony Makes First Red Carpet Appearance With Girlfriend Mariana Downing
- Rihanna Is Not Taking Remy Ma's Side in Rapper's Feud With Nicki Minaj
- New Teaser for 'Love Actually' Short Film Reunites Original Cast Members
- Ashley Olsen and Richard Sachs Have Called It Quits After Five Months of Dating
- Future and The Weeknd Tease 'Comin Out Strong' Music Video Filmed in Subway Car
- 'Legion' Season Finale Preview: You're Gods