Video: Pharrell Gets 'Happy' in 'Saturday Night Live'
Pharrell Williams served as a musical guest in the Saturday, April 5 episode of "Saturday Night Live". The Grammy Award-winning musician delivered the live renditions of two songs off his new solo set, "G I R L".
Pharrell first appeared on the stage to perform smashing hit "Happy". Donning a big green hat and a white jacket, he was joined by some backing vocalists and a lot of backing dancers who danced along to the feel-good track.
"Happy" is currently spending its sixth week at No. 1 of Billboard 100. The song, which also appears in the soundtrack of animated movie "Despicable Me 2", was nominated for the Best Original Song at the Academy Awards earlier this year.
For his second performance on "SNL", Pharrell returned to the stage with his hat but he traded his white jacket for a black one. He tackled "Marilyn Monroe", the first track and second single from "G I R L".
This time, he was backed by an all-female string orchestra conducted by Hans Zimmer, the famed composer whom he worked with for the soundtrack of "The Amazing Spider-Man 2".
During that night's episode of the comedy show, Pharrell also joined guest host Anna Kendrick in one sketch. He played himself auditioning a backup singer for his live performances.
More Pharrell Williams News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers