Video: Pharrell Gets 'Happy' in 'Saturday Night Live'
Pharrell Williams served as a musical guest in the Saturday, April 5 episode of "Saturday Night Live". The Grammy Award-winning musician delivered the live renditions of two songs off his new solo set, "G I R L".
Pharrell first appeared on the stage to perform smashing hit "Happy". Donning a big green hat and a white jacket, he was joined by some backing vocalists and a lot of backing dancers who danced along to the feel-good track.
"Happy" is currently spending its sixth week at No. 1 of Billboard 100. The song, which also appears in the soundtrack of animated movie "Despicable Me 2", was nominated for the Best Original Song at the Academy Awards earlier this year.
For his second performance on "SNL", Pharrell returned to the stage with his hat but he traded his white jacket for a black one. He tackled "Marilyn Monroe", the first track and second single from "G I R L".
This time, he was backed by an all-female string orchestra conducted by Hans Zimmer, the famed composer whom he worked with for the soundtrack of "The Amazing Spider-Man 2".
During that night's episode of the comedy show, Pharrell also joined guest host Anna Kendrick in one sketch. He played himself auditioning a backup singer for his live performances.
More Pharrell Williams News
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt