Video: Pharrell Gets 'Happy' in 'Saturday Night Live'
Pharrell Williams served as a musical guest in the Saturday, April 5 episode of "Saturday Night Live". The Grammy Award-winning musician delivered the live renditions of two songs off his new solo set, "G I R L".
Pharrell first appeared on the stage to perform smashing hit "Happy". Donning a big green hat and a white jacket, he was joined by some backing vocalists and a lot of backing dancers who danced along to the feel-good track.
"Happy" is currently spending its sixth week at No. 1 of Billboard 100. The song, which also appears in the soundtrack of animated movie "Despicable Me 2", was nominated for the Best Original Song at the Academy Awards earlier this year.
For his second performance on "SNL", Pharrell returned to the stage with his hat but he traded his white jacket for a black one. He tackled "Marilyn Monroe", the first track and second single from "G I R L".
This time, he was backed by an all-female string orchestra conducted by Hans Zimmer, the famed composer whom he worked with for the soundtrack of "The Amazing Spider-Man 2".
During that night's episode of the comedy show, Pharrell also joined guest host Anna Kendrick in one sketch. He played himself auditioning a backup singer for his live performances.
More Pharrell Williams News
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'