Video: Pharrell Gets 'Happy' in 'Saturday Night Live'
Pharrell Williams served as a musical guest in the Saturday, April 5 episode of "Saturday Night Live". The Grammy Award-winning musician delivered the live renditions of two songs off his new solo set, "G I R L".
Pharrell first appeared on the stage to perform smashing hit "Happy". Donning a big green hat and a white jacket, he was joined by some backing vocalists and a lot of backing dancers who danced along to the feel-good track.
"Happy" is currently spending its sixth week at No. 1 of Billboard 100. The song, which also appears in the soundtrack of animated movie "Despicable Me 2", was nominated for the Best Original Song at the Academy Awards earlier this year.
For his second performance on "SNL", Pharrell returned to the stage with his hat but he traded his white jacket for a black one. He tackled "Marilyn Monroe", the first track and second single from "G I R L".
This time, he was backed by an all-female string orchestra conducted by Hans Zimmer, the famed composer whom he worked with for the soundtrack of "The Amazing Spider-Man 2".
During that night's episode of the comedy show, Pharrell also joined guest host Anna Kendrick in one sketch. He played himself auditioning a backup singer for his live performances.
More Pharrell Williams News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation