'Seinfeld' Actor John Pinette Found Dead in Hotel Room
"Seinfeld" actor John Pinette was found dead in a Sheraton hotel room in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on Saturday, April 5. He was 50.
Pinette's manager Larry Schapiro confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that the stand-up comedian died of pulmonary embolism. A spokesperson for the Medical Examiner's office in Allegheny County, Penn. also confirmed that Pinette died of natural causes. No autopsy was therefore performed.
Pinette had been suffering from liver and heart problems, and had been under the care of a personal physician, TMZ said. He checked into rehab last August for addiction to prescription pill.
Pinette was in the middle of a live tour that would have taken him across venues in U.S. and Canada through June. He was perhaps best known as the fat guy who got mugged in the last episode of "Seinfeld" in 1998.
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months