'Seinfeld' Actor John Pinette Found Dead in Hotel Room
"Seinfeld" actor John Pinette was found dead in a Sheraton hotel room in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on Saturday, April 5. He was 50.
Pinette's manager Larry Schapiro confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that the stand-up comedian died of pulmonary embolism. A spokesperson for the Medical Examiner's office in Allegheny County, Penn. also confirmed that Pinette died of natural causes. No autopsy was therefore performed.
Pinette had been suffering from liver and heart problems, and had been under the care of a personal physician, TMZ said. He checked into rehab last August for addiction to prescription pill.
Pinette was in the middle of a live tour that would have taken him across venues in U.S. and Canada through June. He was perhaps best known as the fat guy who got mugged in the last episode of "Seinfeld" in 1998.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding