'Seinfeld' Actor John Pinette Found Dead in Hotel Room
"Seinfeld" actor John Pinette was found dead in a Sheraton hotel room in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on Saturday, April 5. He was 50.
Pinette's manager Larry Schapiro confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that the stand-up comedian died of pulmonary embolism. A spokesperson for the Medical Examiner's office in Allegheny County, Penn. also confirmed that Pinette died of natural causes. No autopsy was therefore performed.
Pinette had been suffering from liver and heart problems, and had been under the care of a personal physician, TMZ said. He checked into rehab last August for addiction to prescription pill.
Pinette was in the middle of a live tour that would have taken him across venues in U.S. and Canada through June. He was perhaps best known as the fat guy who got mugged in the last episode of "Seinfeld" in 1998.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences