'Seinfeld' Actor John Pinette Found Dead in Hotel Room
"Seinfeld" actor John Pinette was found dead in a Sheraton hotel room in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on Saturday, April 5. He was 50.
Pinette's manager Larry Schapiro confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that the stand-up comedian died of pulmonary embolism. A spokesperson for the Medical Examiner's office in Allegheny County, Penn. also confirmed that Pinette died of natural causes. No autopsy was therefore performed.
Pinette had been suffering from liver and heart problems, and had been under the care of a personal physician, TMZ said. He checked into rehab last August for addiction to prescription pill.
Pinette was in the middle of a live tour that would have taken him across venues in U.S. and Canada through June. He was perhaps best known as the fat guy who got mugged in the last episode of "Seinfeld" in 1998.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard