'Seinfeld' Actor John Pinette Found Dead in Hotel Room
"Seinfeld" actor John Pinette was found dead in a Sheraton hotel room in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on Saturday, April 5. He was 50.
Pinette's manager Larry Schapiro confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that the stand-up comedian died of pulmonary embolism. A spokesperson for the Medical Examiner's office in Allegheny County, Penn. also confirmed that Pinette died of natural causes. No autopsy was therefore performed.
Pinette had been suffering from liver and heart problems, and had been under the care of a personal physician, TMZ said. He checked into rehab last August for addiction to prescription pill.
Pinette was in the middle of a live tour that would have taken him across venues in U.S. and Canada through June. He was perhaps best known as the fat guy who got mugged in the last episode of "Seinfeld" in 1998.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story