Marvel One-Shot Actor Matt Gerald Lands Villainous Role in 'Ant-Man'
Matt Gerald joins Marvel's "Ant-Man", Deadline reports. The "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" actor, who played a criminal involved in a prison altercation with Ben Kingsley's Trevor Slattery in the studio's One-Shot "All Hail the King", is tapped to play one of the bad guys.
It's unclear if Gerald will play the same guy or a different character. He joins previously-confirmed cast Michael Douglas who will play Dr. Hank Pym, the inventor of original Ant-Man equipment, and Paul Rudd who will portray Scott Lang, the newer generation of Ant-Man.
Director Edgar Wright co-writes the screenplay with Joe Cornish ("Attack the Block"), while "Gravity" composer Steven Price is tapped to provide the score. The movie is set to make its way out in the United States on July 17, 2015. Patrick Wilson, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Pena, and Corey Stoll are among the rumored cast.
Gerald's on-screen credits include "Avatar", "Red Dawn", "Escape Plan", and "Dexter". He will next appear in mystery thriller "Solace" starring Anthony Hopkins and Colin Farrell.
Matt Gerald in 'All Hail the King':
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist