Marvel One-Shot Actor Matt Gerald Lands Villainous Role in 'Ant-Man'
Matt Gerald joins Marvel's "Ant-Man", Deadline reports. The "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" actor, who played a criminal involved in a prison altercation with Ben Kingsley's Trevor Slattery in the studio's One-Shot "All Hail the King", is tapped to play one of the bad guys.
It's unclear if Gerald will play the same guy or a different character. He joins previously-confirmed cast Michael Douglas who will play Dr. Hank Pym, the inventor of original Ant-Man equipment, and Paul Rudd who will portray Scott Lang, the newer generation of Ant-Man.
Director Edgar Wright co-writes the screenplay with Joe Cornish ("Attack the Block"), while "Gravity" composer Steven Price is tapped to provide the score. The movie is set to make its way out in the United States on July 17, 2015. Patrick Wilson, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Pena, and Corey Stoll are among the rumored cast.
Gerald's on-screen credits include "Avatar", "Red Dawn", "Escape Plan", and "Dexter". He will next appear in mystery thriller "Solace" starring Anthony Hopkins and Colin Farrell.
Matt Gerald in 'All Hail the King':
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Gets Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed