Marvel One-Shot Actor Matt Gerald Lands Villainous Role in 'Ant-Man'
Matt Gerald joins Marvel's "Ant-Man", Deadline reports. The "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" actor, who played a criminal involved in a prison altercation with Ben Kingsley's Trevor Slattery in the studio's One-Shot "All Hail the King", is tapped to play one of the bad guys.
It's unclear if Gerald will play the same guy or a different character. He joins previously-confirmed cast Michael Douglas who will play Dr. Hank Pym, the inventor of original Ant-Man equipment, and Paul Rudd who will portray Scott Lang, the newer generation of Ant-Man.
Director Edgar Wright co-writes the screenplay with Joe Cornish ("Attack the Block"), while "Gravity" composer Steven Price is tapped to provide the score. The movie is set to make its way out in the United States on July 17, 2015. Patrick Wilson, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Pena, and Corey Stoll are among the rumored cast.
Gerald's on-screen credits include "Avatar", "Red Dawn", "Escape Plan", and "Dexter". He will next appear in mystery thriller "Solace" starring Anthony Hopkins and Colin Farrell.
Matt Gerald in 'All Hail the King':
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Confirms Return of Original Cast Member
- Report: Migos Beats Up Sean Kingston in Las Vegas Brawl
- 'Deadpool 2' Will Start Filming Soon, Kerry Washington Responds to Casting Rumors
- Ronda Rousey Is Set to Guest Star as Prison Inmate on 'Blindspot'
- Kim Kardashian's Terrified Family's Lavish Lifestyle 'Has Affected' Kanye West's Mental State
- French Montana Partying With Chris Brown and Migos in 'Hold Up' Music Video
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Was 'Racially Profiled' for Wearing Headscarf at Airport