Johnny Depp Says Amber Heard Is Not Pregnant
Johnny Depp has denied rumors suggesting that he and his 27-year-old fiancee Amber Heard are expecting a child. In an interview with "Today" show aired on Friday, April 4, Savannah Guthrie mentioned the baby rumor, saying, "I feel a little guilty for asking this, but there is a story out there [today] that you guys are expecting."
"Expecting what? A child? Good god, what do you think I am, a savage?" he replied with a smile. "[It's] not a shotgun affair." The "Transcendence" star also said of his fiancee, "She's a wonderful girl. She's sharp as a tack. A southern belle and sweet as can be, and very good for me."
In a separate interview with "Late Show with David Letterman" aired on Thursday, the actor explained why he wore Heard's ring. "It was too big for my girl. So I put it on. She has the other one that fits," he shared. "I think people are scared to comment. 'Why? Why is a grown man wearing a woman's engagement ring?' Because it fit."
Depp also talked about Heard's father David Heard during the episode. "He's about the closest thing to Hunter S. Thompson I've ever met. We get along well," he shared, referring to the author whose novel was adapted into 2011's "The Rum Diary".
More Johnny Depp News
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman