'Homeland' Will Film Season 4 in South Africa
"Homeland" cast and crew will relocate to Cape Town, South Africa for the production of season 4. After filming the last three seasons in Charlotte, the show moves its production to Africa as Claire Danes' Carrie Mathison took a job in the Middle East at the end of season 3.
"We've been so lucky to work with one of the best crews in the business for the last three seasons in Charlotte," showrunner and executive producer Alex Gansa says in a statement. "We knew going into season four that we would need to move the production overseas to tell the story of Carrie returning to the Middle East as chief of station. We are thrilled to have found a new home in Cape Town and look forward to getting season four production off the ground."
Filming of season 4 will begin June and continue through November for a fall premiere on Showtime. Details of the plotline are still scarce, but Showtime President David Nevins has hinted that Carrie would be assigned on a field mission.
"This is a show that is fundamentally about a field operative and we really haven't seen her. With the exception of the very beginning of season 1 and the end of season 3 - we haven't seen her out in the field operating," he said at the TCA winter press tour in January. "The likely plan for next season is that we'll see her on the ground in a foreign capital doing her job."
As for Mandy Patinkin's Saul who's no longer working for CIA, he said, "I expect that he will be central, he will be important."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival