Ed Sheeran Announces New Single, Sets New Album Release Date
Ed Sheeran has announced that he is releasing a new single next week. On Friday morning, April 4, the British redhead revealed on Instagram that the track titled "Sing" would receive its first play on Zane Lowe's show on BBC Radio 1 on Monday, April 7.
"The song will go on sale Monday night in every single country except UK, Ireland, Germany and Australia, you guys have an EP in a month," the "Lego House" hitmaker said in another post. "Looking forward to releasing new music finally. yay dot com forward slash yay."
"Sing" will serve as the lead single off Sheeran's sophomore album. Later that day, the star told his Twitter followers that the follow-up to his 2011 "+" would be called "X". "My 2nd album is called 'x' or 'multiply' and will released on the 23rd of June worldwide," he said. "Can't wait for you guys to hear it."
In addition to "Sing", the record will feature the 23-year-old crooner's most confessional love song to date. In a new interview with Billboard, he said that the song, whose title is still kept under wrap, was a "100 percent true" story about an ex-lover. "If you date a songwriter, be prepared to have songs written about you," he said.
More Ed Sheeran News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season