Ed Sheeran Announces New Single, Sets New Album Release Date
Ed Sheeran has announced that he is releasing a new single next week. On Friday morning, April 4, the British redhead revealed on Instagram that the track titled "Sing" would receive its first play on Zane Lowe's show on BBC Radio 1 on Monday, April 7.
"The song will go on sale Monday night in every single country except UK, Ireland, Germany and Australia, you guys have an EP in a month," the "Lego House" hitmaker said in another post. "Looking forward to releasing new music finally. yay dot com forward slash yay."
"Sing" will serve as the lead single off Sheeran's sophomore album. Later that day, the star told his Twitter followers that the follow-up to his 2011 "+" would be called "X". "My 2nd album is called 'x' or 'multiply' and will released on the 23rd of June worldwide," he said. "Can't wait for you guys to hear it."
In addition to "Sing", the record will feature the 23-year-old crooner's most confessional love song to date. In a new interview with Billboard, he said that the song, whose title is still kept under wrap, was a "100 percent true" story about an ex-lover. "If you date a songwriter, be prepared to have songs written about you," he said.
More Ed Sheeran News
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa
- Khloe Kardashian Blasts Critics for Claiming She's 'Too Skinny'
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert