Ed Sheeran Announces New Single, Sets New Album Release Date
Ed Sheeran has announced that he is releasing a new single next week. On Friday morning, April 4, the British redhead revealed on Instagram that the track titled "Sing" would receive its first play on Zane Lowe's show on BBC Radio 1 on Monday, April 7.
"The song will go on sale Monday night in every single country except UK, Ireland, Germany and Australia, you guys have an EP in a month," the "Lego House" hitmaker said in another post. "Looking forward to releasing new music finally. yay dot com forward slash yay."
"Sing" will serve as the lead single off Sheeran's sophomore album. Later that day, the star told his Twitter followers that the follow-up to his 2011 "+" would be called "X". "My 2nd album is called 'x' or 'multiply' and will released on the 23rd of June worldwide," he said. "Can't wait for you guys to hear it."
In addition to "Sing", the record will feature the 23-year-old crooner's most confessional love song to date. In a new interview with Billboard, he said that the song, whose title is still kept under wrap, was a "100 percent true" story about an ex-lover. "If you date a songwriter, be prepared to have songs written about you," he said.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip