Ed Sheeran Announces New Single, Sets New Album Release Date
Ed Sheeran has announced that he is releasing a new single next week. On Friday morning, April 4, the British redhead revealed on Instagram that the track titled "Sing" would receive its first play on Zane Lowe's show on BBC Radio 1 on Monday, April 7.
"The song will go on sale Monday night in every single country except UK, Ireland, Germany and Australia, you guys have an EP in a month," the "Lego House" hitmaker said in another post. "Looking forward to releasing new music finally. yay dot com forward slash yay."
"Sing" will serve as the lead single off Sheeran's sophomore album. Later that day, the star told his Twitter followers that the follow-up to his 2011 "+" would be called "X". "My 2nd album is called 'x' or 'multiply' and will released on the 23rd of June worldwide," he said. "Can't wait for you guys to hear it."
In addition to "Sing", the record will feature the 23-year-old crooner's most confessional love song to date. In a new interview with Billboard, he said that the song, whose title is still kept under wrap, was a "100 percent true" story about an ex-lover. "If you date a songwriter, be prepared to have songs written about you," he said.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch