Richard Marx Announces Divorce From Cynthia Rhodes After 25 Years of Marriage
Singer Richard Marx, who is popular for his songs "Right Here Waiting" and "Hold on to the Nights", has announced his divorce from wife Cynthia Rhodes after 25 years of marriage. A representative for the singer confirmed to media on Friday, April 4 that the couple was on the process of divorcing after splitting in July. The singer and the actress have three children together.
Marx met Rhodes in 1983 when she was working with John Travolta in "Staying Alive" and the singer was doing the soundtrack. The couple then got married in 1989 after four years of dating.
Marx previously talked about his single status when he stopped by "Katie". "You're back on the market! So, how are you feeling about dating at this point?" Katie Couric said in the Friday episode of the show. "I think they felt bad," Marx replied after observing the audience's reaction. "It's all brand new to me, so I'm just having fun."
In the episode, Couric also mentioned that her fiance John Molner and Marx went to the same high school. "I never particularly liked him," Marx jokingly said. "We weren't, like, pals, but I think we played on every sports team together. I was just jealous because he was one of the true brainiacs. We would copy John's papers."
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor