Richard Marx Announces Divorce From Cynthia Rhodes After 25 Years of Marriage
Singer Richard Marx, who is popular for his songs "Right Here Waiting" and "Hold on to the Nights", has announced his divorce from wife Cynthia Rhodes after 25 years of marriage. A representative for the singer confirmed to media on Friday, April 4 that the couple was on the process of divorcing after splitting in July. The singer and the actress have three children together.
Marx met Rhodes in 1983 when she was working with John Travolta in "Staying Alive" and the singer was doing the soundtrack. The couple then got married in 1989 after four years of dating.
Marx previously talked about his single status when he stopped by "Katie". "You're back on the market! So, how are you feeling about dating at this point?" Katie Couric said in the Friday episode of the show. "I think they felt bad," Marx replied after observing the audience's reaction. "It's all brand new to me, so I'm just having fun."
In the episode, Couric also mentioned that her fiance John Molner and Marx went to the same high school. "I never particularly liked him," Marx jokingly said. "We weren't, like, pals, but I think we played on every sports team together. I was just jealous because he was one of the true brainiacs. We would copy John's papers."
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding