'How I Met Your Mother' to Reveal Alternate Ending on DVD Set
Those who are not pleased with how CBS' "How I Met Your Mother" concluded can now expect for a different ending. Series co-creator/executive producer Carter Bays has revealed in a series of Twitter posts that they have an alternate ending for the sitcom.
"16 days ago today we were in the HIMYM edit room, trying to decide between two very different endings," Bays wrote. "We only shot one script, but through edit room magic we had two possible outcomes for the series."
He added, "We chose the ending we chose and we stand by it. But we loved the other version too." Bays said the alternate ending would be included on the Complete Series DVD of "HIMYM" as an alternate finale. He also posted a picture of the DVD box set. A source describes the other version as a "happy ending."
In the series finale that aired Monday, March 31, Ted finally met the mother, Tracy McConnell, played by Cristin Milioti. They got married but died 6 years before Ted began telling his children the story of their first meeting.
But, as his daughter said, it's not the story of how Ted met the mother, and rather a story of how he's totally in love with Robin. So, with his kids' blessings, Ted's pursuing Robin again, who had got divorced from Barney after three years of marriage.
A fan named Katie Woods who's outraged with the ending later launched an online petition, asking the show's producers to rewrite and reshoot the ending. The petition has garnered more than 15,000 signs.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal