'How I Met Your Mother' to Reveal Alternate Ending on DVD Set
Those who are not pleased with how CBS' "How I Met Your Mother" concluded can now expect for a different ending. Series co-creator/executive producer Carter Bays has revealed in a series of Twitter posts that they have an alternate ending for the sitcom.
"16 days ago today we were in the HIMYM edit room, trying to decide between two very different endings," Bays wrote. "We only shot one script, but through edit room magic we had two possible outcomes for the series."
He added, "We chose the ending we chose and we stand by it. But we loved the other version too." Bays said the alternate ending would be included on the Complete Series DVD of "HIMYM" as an alternate finale. He also posted a picture of the DVD box set. A source describes the other version as a "happy ending."
In the series finale that aired Monday, March 31, Ted finally met the mother, Tracy McConnell, played by Cristin Milioti. They got married but died 6 years before Ted began telling his children the story of their first meeting.
But, as his daughter said, it's not the story of how Ted met the mother, and rather a story of how he's totally in love with Robin. So, with his kids' blessings, Ted's pursuing Robin again, who had got divorced from Barney after three years of marriage.
A fan named Katie Woods who's outraged with the ending later launched an online petition, asking the show's producers to rewrite and reshoot the ending. The petition has garnered more than 15,000 signs.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed