M.I.A. and Janelle Monae Perform Together as Holograms
Despite being miles apart, M.I.A. and Janelle Monae appeared on the same stages during Audi A3 launch events thanks to the magic of technology. The two singers were turned into holograms so they were able to make cameos at each other's shows that took place in two different locations.
M.I.A, who took the stage in person in New York, was joined by the 3D projection of Monae who delivered the verses on a track called "Bad Girls". The British singer then returned the favor by appearing in Monae's Los Angeles show to help her rap "Q.U.E.E.N.".
Both singers have expressed their excitement about the technology. "I think if you can have artists be a hologram and you can access it, and you have them life-size, in your house, it could be kind of cool," M.I.A. said. "It's definitely cool for us and it's cool for me. I could be in 10 places at once."
"I'd be honored to experiment more with holograms and maybe make a whole band - but I love my band, I wouldn't want them to be holograms," Monae added. "I would do some experimenting with different versions of myself, playing different instruments."
More M.I.A. News
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'