M.I.A. and Janelle Monae Perform Together as Holograms
Despite being miles apart, M.I.A. and Janelle Monae appeared on the same stages during Audi A3 launch events thanks to the magic of technology. The two singers were turned into holograms so they were able to make cameos at each other's shows that took place in two different locations.
M.I.A, who took the stage in person in New York, was joined by the 3D projection of Monae who delivered the verses on a track called "Bad Girls". The British singer then returned the favor by appearing in Monae's Los Angeles show to help her rap "Q.U.E.E.N.".
Both singers have expressed their excitement about the technology. "I think if you can have artists be a hologram and you can access it, and you have them life-size, in your house, it could be kind of cool," M.I.A. said. "It's definitely cool for us and it's cool for me. I could be in 10 places at once."
"I'd be honored to experiment more with holograms and maybe make a whole band - but I love my band, I wouldn't want them to be holograms," Monae added. "I would do some experimenting with different versions of myself, playing different instruments."
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?