'Game of Thrones' Star Gwendoline Christie Replaces Lily Rabe in 'Mockingjay'
Gwendoline Christie is added to the cast ensemble of "The Hunger Games" franchise. The "Game of Thrones" heroine is tapped to play Commander Lyme, the vacant role left by "American Horror Story" star Lily Rabe due to a scheduling conflict with a previous commitment to "Much Ado About Nothing" at Shakespeare in the Park.
Lyme is described as a past victor of an unknown Hunger Games, hailing from District 2. She will be one of the leaders of the rebellion based at District 13, the last of the thirteen districts of Panem that was thought to be destroyed by the Capitol during the first protest.
The franchise is now gearing up for the final two installments. "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1" will be released in the United States on November 21, 2014, before it concludes with "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2" on November 20, 2015. Francis Lawrence, who directs the second installment "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire", is back to helm the next two movies.
Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, and Liam Hemsworth return as Katniss, Peeta, and Gale respectively. Elizabeth Banks, Woody Harrelson, and Donald Sutherland reprise their respective roles and so does Philip Seymour Hoffman, while Julianne Moore is among the new additions.
Hoffman has completed "majority of his work" at the time of his passing on February 2 this year. Lionsgate hasn't divulged how they would deal with his unfinished scenes.
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs