'12 Years a Slave' Star Chiwetel Ejiofor Eyed for 'Bond 24' Villain
Chiwetel Ejiofor could antagonize James Bond in the next 007 movie. According to a scoop from The Wrap, the "12 Years a Slave" actor is considered as a frontrunner to play the main baddie in the upcoming "Bond 24" which is expected to begin filming in October this year.
Casting for two key female roles is also underway. They are for a new Bond girl and "a Scandinavian with a troubled past who will serve as a brief love interest for Bond." No word on who the candidates might be, but there's rumor that Swedish actresses Ida Engvoll and Disa Ostrand have tested for the movie.
Director Sam Mendes and screenwriter John Logan return for the sequel. Daniel Craig is back as the 007 spy agent, and Ralph Fiennes reprises his role as James Bond's new boss after Judi Dench's character met her demise in the last movie. Naomie Harris (Eve Moneypenny) and Ben Whishaw (Q) are expected to return as well. The film is planned to be released Stateside on November 6, 2015.
Ejiofor, 36, is fresh off his Oscar nomination for Best Actor for his role as runaway slave Solomon Northup in the Steve McQueen historical drama. His next movie releases include "Half of a Yellow Sun", a novel adaptation set during Nigerian civil war, and a sci-fi, "Z for Zachariah".
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa
- Khloe Kardashian Blasts Critics for Claiming She's 'Too Skinny'
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert