'12 Years a Slave' Star Chiwetel Ejiofor Eyed for 'Bond 24' Villain
Chiwetel Ejiofor could antagonize James Bond in the next 007 movie. According to a scoop from The Wrap, the "12 Years a Slave" actor is considered as a frontrunner to play the main baddie in the upcoming "Bond 24" which is expected to begin filming in October this year.
Casting for two key female roles is also underway. They are for a new Bond girl and "a Scandinavian with a troubled past who will serve as a brief love interest for Bond." No word on who the candidates might be, but there's rumor that Swedish actresses Ida Engvoll and Disa Ostrand have tested for the movie.
Director Sam Mendes and screenwriter John Logan return for the sequel. Daniel Craig is back as the 007 spy agent, and Ralph Fiennes reprises his role as James Bond's new boss after Judi Dench's character met her demise in the last movie. Naomie Harris (Eve Moneypenny) and Ben Whishaw (Q) are expected to return as well. The film is planned to be released Stateside on November 6, 2015.
Ejiofor, 36, is fresh off his Oscar nomination for Best Actor for his role as runaway slave Solomon Northup in the Steve McQueen historical drama. His next movie releases include "Half of a Yellow Sun", a novel adaptation set during Nigerian civil war, and a sci-fi, "Z for Zachariah".
- Miranda Lambert Already Plans to Get Married to Anderson East?
- New 'Max Steel' Trailer Highlights the Superhero's Origin
- Selena Gomez Reportedly Enters Rehab After Drug Abuse due to Christina Grimmie's Death
- Rick Ross Is Gearing Up for His Next Collab With Skrillex
- 'America's Got Talent' First Five Finalists of Season 21 Revealed
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'