Ryan Reynolds and Daniel Bruhl in Talks for Maria Altmann Biopic
Ryan Reynolds ("R.I.P.D.") and Daniel Bruhl ("Rush") could face off each other on screen in an upcoming true-story movie. The two handsome actors are in negotiations join Helen Mirren in a Maria Altmann biopic titled "The Woman in Gold".
Mirren will portray Altman, a female Jewish refugee who seeks to recover from the Austrian government five pieces of Gustav Klimt artwork stolen from her family during World War II. Reynolds targets the role of her lawyer, while Bruhl eyes to play his adversary.
Simon Curtis ("My Week with Marilyn") serves as a director, while Alexi Campbell writes the script.
Reynolds' and Bruhl's next theatrical releases include "The Voices" and "A Most Wanted Man" respectively. Reynolds is also reportedly eying an untitled Busby Berkeley biopic, while Bruhl is among the cast of "Clouds of Sils Maria" and "The Face of an Angel".
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour