Ryan Reynolds and Daniel Bruhl in Talks for Maria Altmann Biopic
Ryan Reynolds ("R.I.P.D.") and Daniel Bruhl ("Rush") could face off each other on screen in an upcoming true-story movie. The two handsome actors are in negotiations join Helen Mirren in a Maria Altmann biopic titled "The Woman in Gold".
Mirren will portray Altman, a female Jewish refugee who seeks to recover from the Austrian government five pieces of Gustav Klimt artwork stolen from her family during World War II. Reynolds targets the role of her lawyer, while Bruhl eyes to play his adversary.
Simon Curtis ("My Week with Marilyn") serves as a director, while Alexi Campbell writes the script.
Reynolds' and Bruhl's next theatrical releases include "The Voices" and "A Most Wanted Man" respectively. Reynolds is also reportedly eying an untitled Busby Berkeley biopic, while Bruhl is among the cast of "Clouds of Sils Maria" and "The Face of an Angel".
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist
- Blac Chyna's Baby Bump Is Growing! Model Bares Belly in Black Sports Bra
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Pay Lamar Odom Spousal Support
- Netflix Releases Trailer and Release Date for 'The Little Prince'
- 'Westworld' and SJP's 'Divorce' Set for Fall Premieres
- Reasons Behind Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's Divorce Are Revealed. Is She Using Him for Fame?
- Adele Hilariously Curses Onstage After Forgetting Her Own Lyrics at Concert