Ryan Reynolds and Daniel Bruhl in Talks for Maria Altmann Biopic
Ryan Reynolds ("R.I.P.D.") and Daniel Bruhl ("Rush") could face off each other on screen in an upcoming true-story movie. The two handsome actors are in negotiations join Helen Mirren in a Maria Altmann biopic titled "The Woman in Gold".
Mirren will portray Altman, a female Jewish refugee who seeks to recover from the Austrian government five pieces of Gustav Klimt artwork stolen from her family during World War II. Reynolds targets the role of her lawyer, while Bruhl eyes to play his adversary.
Simon Curtis ("My Week with Marilyn") serves as a director, while Alexi Campbell writes the script.
Reynolds' and Bruhl's next theatrical releases include "The Voices" and "A Most Wanted Man" respectively. Reynolds is also reportedly eying an untitled Busby Berkeley biopic, while Bruhl is among the cast of "Clouds of Sils Maria" and "The Face of an Angel".
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds
- See Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel Goof Around With Hillary Clinton at L.A. Fundraiser
- Lionsgate Bringing 'The Monolith' Comic Book to Big Screen
- Teresa Giudice Under Fire for Posting Inappropriate Bikini Pics of Her Underage Daughters