Alexa Ray Joel Denies Rumors of Extensive Plastic Surgery
Alexa Ray Joel slams rumors of her undergoing extensive procedures. People apparently think that the singer, who had a concert at Cafe Carlyle in Manhattan on Tuesday, April 1, looked different in photos taken from the show. She then denied the speculation on Instagram.
"On a personal (and slightly ridiculous note): I would just like to add that all of the continuously circulating rumors that I have had extensive 'face-work' and undergone breast-augmentation surgery is simply and entirely 100% false," she wrote. "The only thing I have ever had done is my nose, which I have always been completely candid, honest, and open about."
The daughter of Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley continued explaining that make-up contributed to the new look. "Any visibly-positive alterations in terms of my public-image are an absolute and sole credit to my brilliant makeup-artist and stylist, @darlingcait ... Who is a true beauty-wizard and visionary. (That, combined with the fact that I actually have a hearty dose of self-confidence now- which took me a little extra minute or so to find.)," she said in the post.
The singer additionally left a comment on an Us Weekly post about the photo, writing that she looked different because of age. "I was 13 years old in the pic posted as a 'before'. In this latter pic, I am 28 years old [that's the age I am now]," she explained.
A representative for Joel Claire Mercuri also said, "Alexa has never had any plastic surgery other than a rhinoplasty, which she has admitted to. She's simply matured into a beautiful young woman."
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood