Alexa Ray Joel Denies Rumors of Extensive Plastic Surgery
Alexa Ray Joel slams rumors of her undergoing extensive procedures. People apparently think that the singer, who had a concert at Cafe Carlyle in Manhattan on Tuesday, April 1, looked different in photos taken from the show. She then denied the speculation on Instagram.
"On a personal (and slightly ridiculous note): I would just like to add that all of the continuously circulating rumors that I have had extensive 'face-work' and undergone breast-augmentation surgery is simply and entirely 100% false," she wrote. "The only thing I have ever had done is my nose, which I have always been completely candid, honest, and open about."
The daughter of Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley continued explaining that make-up contributed to the new look. "Any visibly-positive alterations in terms of my public-image are an absolute and sole credit to my brilliant makeup-artist and stylist, @darlingcait ... Who is a true beauty-wizard and visionary. (That, combined with the fact that I actually have a hearty dose of self-confidence now- which took me a little extra minute or so to find.)," she said in the post.
The singer additionally left a comment on an Us Weekly post about the photo, writing that she looked different because of age. "I was 13 years old in the pic posted as a 'before'. In this latter pic, I am 28 years old [that's the age I am now]," she explained.
A representative for Joel Claire Mercuri also said, "Alexa has never had any plastic surgery other than a rhinoplasty, which she has admitted to. She's simply matured into a beautiful young woman."
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'
- Watch Lady GaGa Crowd Surf at Final 'Dive Bar Tour' Show
- Take a Look at Explosive New Trailer for 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
- Kate Beckinsale's Obsession With Penis Landed Her Daughter in Trouble at School
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'