Video: 'Good Morning America' Looks Back on Josh Elliott's Best Moments
After addressing Josh Elliott's departure on Monday, "Good Morning America" gave its former anchor a sweet send-off on Thursday, April 3. With Robin Roberts (II), George Stephanopoulos, Lara Spencer and Amy Robach on the panel, the show highlighted Elliott's best moments.
"You know it has been quite a week here on 'Good Morning America'," Roberts led her co-anchors to bid farewell to Elliott. "And man, thank you, Josh, for all the wonderful things. Very, very gracious. He's leaving us to join... to join NBC Sports."
"And you know we're so sad to see him go. I know you are sad to see him go but he is returning to his roots in sports and we want to take a few minutes now to look back on some of our favorite Josh moments," she introduced the clip, which includes a brief glimpse of his adorable daughter Sarina.
Elliott's last apperance on "GMA" was on Friday. He made the decision to part ways with ABC on Sunday, after weeks of contract negotiation. He recently said his move to NBC Sports was "the best decision for" him, "but it was a decision that was tough to make." Asked if he would return to "GMA" for a final farewell, he said, "Those sorts of decisions aren't mine to make."
Following Elliott's exit, "GMA" correspondent Amy Robach is promoted to co-anchor. Michael Strahan is also joining the morning show as a part-time co-anchor, but a source said it had nothing to do with Elliott's departure since the talks between Strahan and ABC began before Elliott made the decision to leave the show.
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation