Video: 'Good Morning America' Looks Back on Josh Elliott's Best Moments
After addressing Josh Elliott's departure on Monday, "Good Morning America" gave its former anchor a sweet send-off on Thursday, April 3. With Robin Roberts (II), George Stephanopoulos, Lara Spencer and Amy Robach on the panel, the show highlighted Elliott's best moments.
"You know it has been quite a week here on 'Good Morning America'," Roberts led her co-anchors to bid farewell to Elliott. "And man, thank you, Josh, for all the wonderful things. Very, very gracious. He's leaving us to join... to join NBC Sports."
"And you know we're so sad to see him go. I know you are sad to see him go but he is returning to his roots in sports and we want to take a few minutes now to look back on some of our favorite Josh moments," she introduced the clip, which includes a brief glimpse of his adorable daughter Sarina.
Elliott's last apperance on "GMA" was on Friday. He made the decision to part ways with ABC on Sunday, after weeks of contract negotiation. He recently said his move to NBC Sports was "the best decision for" him, "but it was a decision that was tough to make." Asked if he would return to "GMA" for a final farewell, he said, "Those sorts of decisions aren't mine to make."
Following Elliott's exit, "GMA" correspondent Amy Robach is promoted to co-anchor. Michael Strahan is also joining the morning show as a part-time co-anchor, but a source said it had nothing to do with Elliott's departure since the talks between Strahan and ABC began before Elliott made the decision to leave the show.
More Good Morning America News
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung