Will Ferrell to Star in Bobby Riggs Vs. Billie Jean King Movie
Will Ferrell is cast in a sports drama comedy, "Match Maker". The "Anchorman: The Legend Continues" actor will play former No. 1 tennis player Bobby Riggs in a movie scripted by Steve Conrad ("The Secret Life of Walter Mitty").
The film is adapted from an ESPN Magazine article titled "The Match Maker: Bobby Riggs, The Mafia and The Battle of the Sexes" which was written by Don Van Natta Jr. The story told of the infamous rivalry between Riggs and Billie Jean King in 1973.
Riggs came out of his retirement to challenge the female tennis player in a game that became known as "The Battle of the Sexes." More than 50 million Americans watched King beat Riggs and win $100,000. He reportedly lost on purpose to pay off his gambling debts to the mob.
Ferrell was last seen on "Anchorman 2" last year and voiced the villain in "The Lego Movie" in February this year. He will next star opposite Kristen Wiig in "Welcome to Me" and Kevin Hart in "Get Hard".
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby