Will Ferrell to Star in Bobby Riggs Vs. Billie Jean King Movie
Will Ferrell is cast in a sports drama comedy, "Match Maker". The "Anchorman: The Legend Continues" actor will play former No. 1 tennis player Bobby Riggs in a movie scripted by Steve Conrad ("The Secret Life of Walter Mitty").
The film is adapted from an ESPN Magazine article titled "The Match Maker: Bobby Riggs, The Mafia and The Battle of the Sexes" which was written by Don Van Natta Jr. The story told of the infamous rivalry between Riggs and Billie Jean King in 1973.
Riggs came out of his retirement to challenge the female tennis player in a game that became known as "The Battle of the Sexes." More than 50 million Americans watched King beat Riggs and win $100,000. He reportedly lost on purpose to pay off his gambling debts to the mob.
Ferrell was last seen on "Anchorman 2" last year and voiced the villain in "The Lego Movie" in February this year. He will next star opposite Kristen Wiig in "Welcome to Me" and Kevin Hart in "Get Hard".
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie