Will Ferrell to Star in Bobby Riggs Vs. Billie Jean King Movie
Will Ferrell is cast in a sports drama comedy, "Match Maker". The "Anchorman: The Legend Continues" actor will play former No. 1 tennis player Bobby Riggs in a movie scripted by Steve Conrad ("The Secret Life of Walter Mitty").
The film is adapted from an ESPN Magazine article titled "The Match Maker: Bobby Riggs, The Mafia and The Battle of the Sexes" which was written by Don Van Natta Jr. The story told of the infamous rivalry between Riggs and Billie Jean King in 1973.
Riggs came out of his retirement to challenge the female tennis player in a game that became known as "The Battle of the Sexes." More than 50 million Americans watched King beat Riggs and win $100,000. He reportedly lost on purpose to pay off his gambling debts to the mob.
Ferrell was last seen on "Anchorman 2" last year and voiced the villain in "The Lego Movie" in February this year. He will next star opposite Kristen Wiig in "Welcome to Me" and Kevin Hart in "Get Hard".
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?