Jamaican Dancehall Star Vybz Kartel Gets Life Sentence in Murder Case
Jamaican dancehall artist Vybz Kartel has been sentenced to life in a murder case. Kartel received the sentence on Thursday, April 3 in Jamaica's Supreme Court. Justice Lennox Campbell stated that the star, whose real name is Adidja Palmer, would serve at least 35 years before he is eligible for parole.
Kartel and other three men were found guilty in the 2011 murder of Clive "Lizard" Williams, while another man, Shane Williams, was acquitted in the trial which lasted for 65 days. Shawn 'Shawn Storm' Campbell and Kahira Jones were handed with life sentence and they would serve 25 years before being eligible for parole. The other man Andre St John also got life sentence and must serve 30 years before he is eligible for parole.
The men's legal teams will appeal for the sentences. "We want to see how early we can get the transcript to prepare our grounds for appeal," Campbell's attorney Miguel Lorne said, as quoted by Reuters.
Kartel, also known as 'World Boss', has been held on remand since 2011, but he apparently remains popular in Jamaica. He reportedly continues recording songs using a smart phone from prison.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier