Kylie Minogue to Release 'I Was Gonna Cancel' as Next Single
Kylie Minogue has announced that "I Was Gonna Cancel" will be the second official single off her latest album "Kiss Me Once". The Australian singer made the revelation in a new interview with Rolling Stones.
The new single was produced by hitmaker Pharrell Williams. When asked about how she felt about working with the Grammy-winning producer, Minogue said, "Yes, he's had a vintage year. I was really excited, because I would have loved to have worked with him years ago, so the time was meant to be for this album."
She continued, "It was interesting - I had a meltdown on day two in the studio, but that gave way to a fantastic song ['I Was Gonna Cancel'], which will be my second single."
Minogue then said that she expected to release her collaboration with Enrique Iglesias, "Beautiful", as a future single. "We're hoping ['Beautiful' will] be a single as well. I hope we have four singles from the record - that'll be amazing," she added.
The 45-year-old star also explained that the song "Sexercize", which arrived with its steamy music video last month, was just a buzz single. "Well, what is sexercize? It's everything, it's nothing, it's everything, it's whatever, really. It was important with that song to have a lot of fun with it - it's not a single, but it's a song that we could get some traction with, have some fun, be a bit saucy," she told the site.
More Kylie Minogue News
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake