Drake Debuts an Apparent Ode to Rihanna, 'Days in the East'
Warning: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): htmlParseEntityRef: expecting ';' in Entity, line: 1 in /home/aceshow/public_html/mobile/m_php/amp_nview.php on line 702
Drake has released the studio version of a track titled "Days in the East". Co-produced by PARTYNEXTDOOR and Noah "40" Shebib, the song was previously debuted by the rapper during his show in Europe.
The slow-tempo song features Drake spitting some bars about him being in love with his special lady, which fans believe is rumored girlfriend Rihanna. "Spending all my days on the East side/ Forgetting who I was on the other side up/ Young n***a switchin up the program right now/ Tryna put the power in my own hands right now," he raps.
In the song, Drake includes the background vocals pulled directly from RiRi's "Stay". The line "I threw my hands in the air and said show me something" can be heard before Drizzy talks about visiting Erykah Badu and having a conversation about love with her. "She made tea for me/ We talked about love and what life could really be for me," he says.
"Days in the East" comes just a day after Drake dropped "Draft Day", a new track that samples Lauryn Hill's 1998 hit "Doo-Wop (That Thing)". In it, the Canadian star gives a shout-out to Jennifer Lawrence and Chance the Rapper.
More Drake News
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016