Drake Debuts an Apparent Ode to Rihanna, 'Days in the East'
Warning: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): htmlParseEntityRef: expecting ';' in Entity, line: 1 in /home/aceshow/public_html/mobile/m_php/amp_nview.php on line 703
Drake has released the studio version of a track titled "Days in the East". Co-produced by PARTYNEXTDOOR and Noah "40" Shebib, the song was previously debuted by the rapper during his show in Europe.
The slow-tempo song features Drake spitting some bars about him being in love with his special lady, which fans believe is rumored girlfriend Rihanna. "Spending all my days on the East side/ Forgetting who I was on the other side up/ Young n***a switchin up the program right now/ Tryna put the power in my own hands right now," he raps.
In the song, Drake includes the background vocals pulled directly from RiRi's "Stay". The line "I threw my hands in the air and said show me something" can be heard before Drizzy talks about visiting Erykah Badu and having a conversation about love with her. "She made tea for me/ We talked about love and what life could really be for me," he says.
"Days in the East" comes just a day after Drake dropped "Draft Day", a new track that samples Lauryn Hill's 1998 hit "Doo-Wop (That Thing)". In it, the Canadian star gives a shout-out to Jennifer Lawrence and Chance the Rapper.
More Drake News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart