Drake Debuts an Apparent Ode to Rihanna, 'Days in the East'
Warning: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): htmlParseEntityRef: expecting ';' in Entity, line: 1 in /home/aceshow/public_html/mobile/m_php/amp_nview.php on line 637
Drake has released the studio version of a track titled "Days in the East". Co-produced by PARTYNEXTDOOR and Noah "40" Shebib, the song was previously debuted by the rapper during his show in Europe.
The slow-tempo song features Drake spitting some bars about him being in love with his special lady, which fans believe is rumored girlfriend Rihanna. "Spending all my days on the East side/ Forgetting who I was on the other side up/ Young n***a switchin up the program right now/ Tryna put the power in my own hands right now," he raps.
In the song, Drake includes the background vocals pulled directly from RiRi's "Stay". The line "I threw my hands in the air and said show me something" can be heard before Drizzy talks about visiting Erykah Badu and having a conversation about love with her. "She made tea for me/ We talked about love and what life could really be for me," he says.
"Days in the East" comes just a day after Drake dropped "Draft Day", a new track that samples Lauryn Hill's 1998 hit "Doo-Wop (That Thing)". In it, the Canadian star gives a shout-out to Jennifer Lawrence and Chance the Rapper.
More Drake News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed