Drake Debuts an Apparent Ode to Rihanna, 'Days in the East'
Drake has released the studio version of a track titled "Days in the East". Co-produced by PARTYNEXTDOOR and Noah "40" Shebib, the song was previously debuted by the rapper during his show in Europe.
The slow-tempo song features Drake spitting some bars about him being in love with his special lady, which fans believe is rumored girlfriend Rihanna. "Spending all my days on the East side/ Forgetting who I was on the other side up/ Young n***a switchin up the program right now/ Tryna put the power in my own hands right now," he raps.
In the song, Drake includes the background vocals pulled directly from RiRi's "Stay". The line "I threw my hands in the air and said show me something" can be heard before Drizzy talks about visiting Erykah Badu and having a conversation about love with her. "She made tea for me/ We talked about love and what life could really be for me," he says.
"Days in the East" comes just a day after Drake dropped "Draft Day", a new track that samples Lauryn Hill's 1998 hit "Doo-Wop (That Thing)". In it, the Canadian star gives a shout-out to Jennifer Lawrence and Chance the Rapper.
More Drake News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story