Chris Brown Transferred Into U.S. Marshal Custody
Chris Brown was taken into custody by U.S. marshals on Wednesday, March 2, U.S. Marshals Service spokesperson Laura Vega explained on Thursday. Brown then will be transported to Washington D.C. for a misdemeanor assault trial, but Vega refused to provide more info of the trip.
As reported by The Associated Press, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge James R. Brandlin decided that sending Brown to Washington would be "the most expeditious and convenient method for all parties" as Brown battled his legal trouble. The singer's lawyer Mark Geragos previously filed a motion to block Brown's transfer to federal custody, arguing that it would hurt his client's ability to prepare for the court battle. The judge dismissed the motion despite Geragos' statement that he would send Brown to Washington himself.
Brown, who was in probation because of assault case related to Rihanna, was arrested in late October for allegedly hitting a man outside a hotel in Washington D.C. A pretrial hearing for the assault case is scheduled for April 7.
The 24-year-old singer recently took some time to thank fans for their support amid the legal drama. "I'm calling all my fans, letting ya'll know I love ya'll. Thank ya'll for all the support. Thanks for everything. The video just came out so I hope ya'll enjoyed that," Brown said in a phone call to on-and-off girlfriend Karrueche Tran, referring to the music video of "Loyal" which was released in late March.
More Chris Brown News
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune