Holly Hunter, Callan Mulvey, and Tao Okamoto Cast in 'Man of Steel 2'
Three more actors join "Man of Steel 2". Oscar-winning actress Holly Hunter ("The Piano"), "300: Rise of an Empire" hunk Callan Mulvey, and "The Wolverine" actress Tao Okamoto are officially confirmed to play supporting roles in the Superman vs. Batman film.
"Holly has always been one of my favorite actresses; she has immense talent and is always captivating on screen," Zack Snyder said. "I had an opportunity to meet her a while back and knew instantly that I had to work with her, so as we began writing the script I made sure to create a role specifically for her."
The director continued, "I just had the good fortune to work with Callan on '300: Rise of an Empire' and was very impressed with his incredible talent. He's a fantastic actor and I'm looking forward to having the chance to work with him again. And, quite simply, Tao is a striking presence whose beauty is aptly rivaled by her amazing abilities as an actress. I'm really excited to have her joining us on this adventure."
Henry Cavill and Amy Adams are expected to return as Superman and his love interest Lois Lane respectively. Ben Affleck is added as Batman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, and Jeremy Irons as Bruce Wayne's loyal butler, Alfred Pennyworth.
The story is still kept under tight wraps, but the final draft of the screenplay is polished by Oscar-winning writer Chris Terrio ("Argo"). The movie will open against "Captain America 3" on May 6, 2016.
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo
- 'Transformers' Star Isabela Moner Lands Key Role in 'Sicario' Sequel 'Soldado'
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!