Holly Hunter, Callan Mulvey, and Tao Okamoto Cast in 'Man of Steel 2'
Three more actors join "Man of Steel 2". Oscar-winning actress Holly Hunter ("The Piano"), "300: Rise of an Empire" hunk Callan Mulvey, and "The Wolverine" actress Tao Okamoto are officially confirmed to play supporting roles in the Superman vs. Batman film.
"Holly has always been one of my favorite actresses; she has immense talent and is always captivating on screen," Zack Snyder said. "I had an opportunity to meet her a while back and knew instantly that I had to work with her, so as we began writing the script I made sure to create a role specifically for her."
The director continued, "I just had the good fortune to work with Callan on '300: Rise of an Empire' and was very impressed with his incredible talent. He's a fantastic actor and I'm looking forward to having the chance to work with him again. And, quite simply, Tao is a striking presence whose beauty is aptly rivaled by her amazing abilities as an actress. I'm really excited to have her joining us on this adventure."
Henry Cavill and Amy Adams are expected to return as Superman and his love interest Lois Lane respectively. Ben Affleck is added as Batman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, and Jeremy Irons as Bruce Wayne's loyal butler, Alfred Pennyworth.
The story is still kept under tight wraps, but the final draft of the screenplay is polished by Oscar-winning writer Chris Terrio ("Argo"). The movie will open against "Captain America 3" on May 6, 2016.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked