First Teaser for 'True Blood' Season 7 Pays Tribute to Fallen Characters
HBO has debuted the first teaser for "True Blood" season 7. Preparing fans for one last chapter of the hit show, the video remembers some of its fallen characters with a glimpse of tombstones bearing the names of Jesus Velasquez and Terry Bellefleur among others. The last tombstone, meanwhile, belongs to the show itself which will end its run this year.
The seventh and final season of "True Blood" will premiere Sunday, June 22, at 9 P.M. on HBO. Newcomer Brett Lorenzini is added to the cast to play a new character named Troy. A new love interest for Eric will be introduced early in the season while Luke Grimes, who portrayed Jessica's vampire lover James in the sixth season, won't return.
The actor left the series due to creative differences. "The role of James is being recast due to the creative direction of the character," a spokesperson for HBO said in December last year. He reportedly was unhappy with how his character would be portrayed in the seventh season.
HBO has also set a premiere date for new series "The Leftovers". The drama from "Lost" co-creator Damon Lindelof and author Tom Perrotta will debut Sunday, June 15 at 10 P.M., following the season finale of "Game of Thrones".
The show starring Justin Theroux, Amy Brenneman, Liv Tyler, Max Carver and Chris Zylka among others follows the residents of a New York town after millions people around the world vanished mysteriously in a Rapture-like event.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'