Johnny Depp Says Amber Heard Is a 'Wonderful Girl'
Johnny Depp talked about engagement and gushed over his fiancee Amber Heard in an interview with "Today" show, which will air on Friday, March 4. Speaking to Savannah Guthrie, the Captain Jack Sparrow depicter in "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" said, "She's a wonderful girl."
"She's sharp as a tack. A southern belle and sweet as can be, and very good for me," Depp, who referred to his engagement ring as "chick's ring," added. "I think you looked engaged," Guthrie commented in the interview. The actor then showed the ring on his ring finger and accepted congratulations.
Depp indirectly confirmed his engagement while promoting his new movie "Transcendence" in China recently. As reported by Associated Press, Depp told a reporter who asked about his diamond ring, "The fact that I'm wearing a chick's ring on my finger is probably a dead giveaway. Not very subtle."
Reports of the couple's plan to tie the knot surfaced back in January. Depp, who met Heard on the set of "The Rum Diary", also said at the Beijing event, "I think that I would be better at making women's shoes than I would be at wedding planning, I can't plan anything. I'm really bad at that stuff."
More Johnny Depp News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard