Johnny Depp Says Amber Heard Is a 'Wonderful Girl'
Johnny Depp talked about engagement and gushed over his fiancee Amber Heard in an interview with "Today" show, which will air on Friday, March 4. Speaking to Savannah Guthrie, the Captain Jack Sparrow depicter in "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" said, "She's a wonderful girl."
"She's sharp as a tack. A southern belle and sweet as can be, and very good for me," Depp, who referred to his engagement ring as "chick's ring," added. "I think you looked engaged," Guthrie commented in the interview. The actor then showed the ring on his ring finger and accepted congratulations.
Depp indirectly confirmed his engagement while promoting his new movie "Transcendence" in China recently. As reported by Associated Press, Depp told a reporter who asked about his diamond ring, "The fact that I'm wearing a chick's ring on my finger is probably a dead giveaway. Not very subtle."
Reports of the couple's plan to tie the knot surfaced back in January. Depp, who met Heard on the set of "The Rum Diary", also said at the Beijing event, "I think that I would be better at making women's shoes than I would be at wedding planning, I can't plan anything. I'm really bad at that stuff."
More Johnny Depp News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville