Johnny Depp Says Amber Heard Is a 'Wonderful Girl'
Johnny Depp talked about engagement and gushed over his fiancee Amber Heard in an interview with "Today" show, which will air on Friday, March 4. Speaking to Savannah Guthrie, the Captain Jack Sparrow depicter in "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" said, "She's a wonderful girl."
"She's sharp as a tack. A southern belle and sweet as can be, and very good for me," Depp, who referred to his engagement ring as "chick's ring," added. "I think you looked engaged," Guthrie commented in the interview. The actor then showed the ring on his ring finger and accepted congratulations.
Depp indirectly confirmed his engagement while promoting his new movie "Transcendence" in China recently. As reported by Associated Press, Depp told a reporter who asked about his diamond ring, "The fact that I'm wearing a chick's ring on my finger is probably a dead giveaway. Not very subtle."
Reports of the couple's plan to tie the knot surfaced back in January. Depp, who met Heard on the set of "The Rum Diary", also said at the Beijing event, "I think that I would be better at making women's shoes than I would be at wedding planning, I can't plan anything. I'm really bad at that stuff."
More Johnny Depp News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son