Johnny Knoxville and Tony Shalhoub to Voice Leonardo and Splinter in 'Ninja Turtles'
"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" has two new additions to its cast ensemble. "Jackass" star Johnny Knoxville and "Monk" actor Tony Shalhoub have just been tapped to voice sword-wielding Leonardo and the Turtles' sensei Splinter respectively.
Leonardo was actually played by Pete Ploszek, while Splinter was portrayed by Danny Woodburn on set. The three other Turtle superheroes were motion-captured by Alan Ritchson, Noel Fisher, and Jeremy Howard.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, a pair of to-be-named actors are expected to be announced later. It's unclear whom they will be voicing, but Michelangelo is the only Turtles whose voice has already been heard as he has some dialogue scenes in the first trailer.
The movie directed by Jonathan Liebesman and co-produced by Michael Bay was back on set recently with Megan Fox and Will Arnett for what seemed to be reshoots. Rumor suggested it could be moved back to November or December release, but Bay denied it on Twitter.
The film will have William Fichtner playing the villainous Shredder. It is currently due August 8 Stateside.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip