Tom Daley Goes From Bisexual to Gay Man
Swimming champion Tom Daley gave girls a glimmer of hope when revealed in December last year that he was bisexual but he has now given them no chance. "I am a gay man now," he said on Wednesday, April 2 during an appearance on Keith Lemon's "Celebrity Juice".
Four months ago, Daley said in a YouTube video, "Of course I still fancy girls." His defense of saying so was: "I came out on YouTube as I wanted to say what I wanted to say without anyone twisting it," he explained. "I told my family before I told the world. I was terrified. I did not know what the reaction was going to be. I did it on YouTube because people were constantly digging and asking questions."
He continued, "Two days later after I posted the video I was on my way to Houston to a training camp and this old lady comes up to me in a wheelchair, and wheels over and says, 'I would like to say thank you. You inspired my son to be able to tell me he was gay.' I was like, 'Oh wow' and then she goes, 'But he is married with three kids!' I was like, 'Have a nice flight...'."
Not long after he came out, it was revealed that he was dating screenwriter Dustin Lance Black. "It really was love at first sight, I'd never felt like anything like it before," the 19-year-old athlete told Jonathan Ross in December. "We were at a party and I hadn't even spoken to him all night. I didn't know what to do or if he was gay at first. I typed 'call me' in his notes with a smiley face on this phone and the next day he texted. He makes me feel safe and happy, right now I couldn't be happier."
Asked how are things with Black, Daley told Lemon, "All good."
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed