2 Chainz Charged With Felony Drug Possession After June Arrest
2 Chainz is facing a drug charge following his arrest last June. According to TMZ, the Georgia rapper has been hit with one charge of codeine possession, which is one of ingredients of sizzurp. He is scheduled to be arraigned next week. The "Used 2" rapper may face up to 3 years in jail if convicted.
The rapper's latest legal trouble stemmed from a June arrest. At that time, reports suggested that officials found Promethazine in his belonging when he was at LAX. He reportedly also had some weed with him, but it was less than an ounce.
Chainz also had drug-related run-in with the law in late August. His tour bus was pulled over by the police in Oklahoma City after they noticed that the bus' taillights were out. They apparently detected signs of drug use and asked to enter the bus. The driver denied entrance, asking them to get a warrant first.
The police later found metal marijuana grinders covered in residue, prescription drugs as well as guns during the search. The rapper and his entourage were detained on charges of "obstructing a police officer" and were released later.
More 2 Chainz News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris