2 Chainz Charged With Felony Drug Possession After June Arrest
2 Chainz is facing a drug charge following his arrest last June. According to TMZ, the Georgia rapper has been hit with one charge of codeine possession, which is one of ingredients of sizzurp. He is scheduled to be arraigned next week. The "Used 2" rapper may face up to 3 years in jail if convicted.
The rapper's latest legal trouble stemmed from a June arrest. At that time, reports suggested that officials found Promethazine in his belonging when he was at LAX. He reportedly also had some weed with him, but it was less than an ounce.
Chainz also had drug-related run-in with the law in late August. His tour bus was pulled over by the police in Oklahoma City after they noticed that the bus' taillights were out. They apparently detected signs of drug use and asked to enter the bus. The driver denied entrance, asking them to get a warrant first.
The police later found metal marijuana grinders covered in residue, prescription drugs as well as guns during the search. The rapper and his entourage were detained on charges of "obstructing a police officer" and were released later.
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!
- Amy Adams Tries to Save The World From Aliens in Tense 'Arrival' Trailer
- Shania Twain Promises New Music, Carrie Underwood Gets Teary at CMT Artists of the Year
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Expecting Second Child With Wife Sophie Hunter
- Ciara Drops Defamation Suit Against Ex Future Because She Has Too Much Money