2 Chainz Charged With Felony Drug Possession After June Arrest
2 Chainz is facing a drug charge following his arrest last June. According to TMZ, the Georgia rapper has been hit with one charge of codeine possession, which is one of ingredients of sizzurp. He is scheduled to be arraigned next week. The "Used 2" rapper may face up to 3 years in jail if convicted.
The rapper's latest legal trouble stemmed from a June arrest. At that time, reports suggested that officials found Promethazine in his belonging when he was at LAX. He reportedly also had some weed with him, but it was less than an ounce.
Chainz also had drug-related run-in with the law in late August. His tour bus was pulled over by the police in Oklahoma City after they noticed that the bus' taillights were out. They apparently detected signs of drug use and asked to enter the bus. The driver denied entrance, asking them to get a warrant first.
The police later found metal marijuana grinders covered in residue, prescription drugs as well as guns during the search. The rapper and his entourage were detained on charges of "obstructing a police officer" and were released later.
More 2 Chainz News
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album