Keyshia Cole Joins Forces With Iggy Azalea for 'I'm Coming Out' Remake
Keyshia Cole and Iggy Azalea have teamed up for a new collaboration called "I'm Coming Out". This is a remake of Diana Ross' single which Notorious B.I.G. sampled on his "Mo Money Mo Problems".
The new version was produced by Irv Gotti. It opens with Iggy channeling Biggie, laying some verses which include a shout out to Ross. This song will appear on the soundtrack of upcoming movie titled "The Other Woman (2014)"
Starring Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann and Kate Upton, the film will open in U.S. theaters on April 25. Raptress Nicki Minaj will make her movie debut in it.
On Wednesday, April 2, Iggy visited RapFix Live and talked about her collaboration with Cole and the backlash she received for remaking Biggie's song.
"It was just supposed to be a remake of 'I'm Coming Out', it wasn't supposed to be 'Mo Money Mo Problems', and I didn't know what I was getting into," she explained. "Irv hit me up and said, 'Hey I've got a record with Keyshia on it and it's gonna be for the soundtrack to this Cameron Diaz movie 'The Other Woman'.' "
"I'm from a generation where I don't think I'm Coming Out - I think Mo Money Mo Problems," she added. "So I thought, I need to get my Ma$e on, and I went with that vibe. Then I think when people heard it they said, 'She's doing the Biggie remake,' and I don't know if it was necessarily meant to be that. It's open to interpretation."
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Attend Rob's Wedding, Says He's 'Full of Bulls**t'
- Lea Michele Teases 'Scream Queens' Season 2 With This Picture
- Ariel Winter Announces She's Single With Kim Kardashian Meme. See the Funny Clip!
- Watch Beyonce, Desiigner, Bryson Tiller Rock the 2016 BET Awards
- 'Finding Dory' Beats 'Independence Day: Resurgence' at Box Office
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family