Keyshia Cole Joins Forces With Iggy Azalea for 'I'm Coming Out' Remake
Keyshia Cole and Iggy Azalea have teamed up for a new collaboration called "I'm Coming Out". This is a remake of Diana Ross' single which Notorious B.I.G. sampled on his "Mo Money Mo Problems".
The new version was produced by Irv Gotti. It opens with Iggy channeling Biggie, laying some verses which include a shout out to Ross. This song will appear on the soundtrack of upcoming movie titled "The Other Woman (2014)"
Starring Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann and Kate Upton, the film will open in U.S. theaters on April 25. Raptress Nicki Minaj will make her movie debut in it.
On Wednesday, April 2, Iggy visited RapFix Live and talked about her collaboration with Cole and the backlash she received for remaking Biggie's song.
"It was just supposed to be a remake of 'I'm Coming Out', it wasn't supposed to be 'Mo Money Mo Problems', and I didn't know what I was getting into," she explained. "Irv hit me up and said, 'Hey I've got a record with Keyshia on it and it's gonna be for the soundtrack to this Cameron Diaz movie 'The Other Woman'.' "
"I'm from a generation where I don't think I'm Coming Out - I think Mo Money Mo Problems," she added. "So I thought, I need to get my Ma$e on, and I went with that vibe. Then I think when people heard it they said, 'She's doing the Biggie remake,' and I don't know if it was necessarily meant to be that. It's open to interpretation."
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'