Emily Blunt in Talks for Denis Villeneuve's Female-Driven Crime Drama 'Sicario'
Emily Blunt is in negotiations to headline an upcoming crime film called "Sicario". She is expected to play a female cop from Tucson, Arizona who travels across the border to Mexico with mercenaries to track down a drug lord.
Denis Villeneuve ("Prisoners") is attached to direct. "Sons of Anarchy" actor Taylor Sheridan whose story "Comancheria" landed on Black List back in 2012 is tapped to write the screenplay which is in the vein of "No Country for Old Men".
Blunt will next share screen with Tom Cruise in Doug Liman's sci-fi actioner "Edge of Tomorrow". She is also among the cast members of Disney's musical fantasy "Into the Woods" directed by Rob Marshall. The former is due in the U.S. on June 6, and the latter is slated for December 25.
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs