Emily Blunt in Talks for Denis Villeneuve's Female-Driven Crime Drama 'Sicario'
Emily Blunt is in negotiations to headline an upcoming crime film called "Sicario". She is expected to play a female cop from Tucson, Arizona who travels across the border to Mexico with mercenaries to track down a drug lord.
Denis Villeneuve ("Prisoners") is attached to direct. "Sons of Anarchy" actor Taylor Sheridan whose story "Comancheria" landed on Black List back in 2012 is tapped to write the screenplay which is in the vein of "No Country for Old Men".
Blunt will next share screen with Tom Cruise in Doug Liman's sci-fi actioner "Edge of Tomorrow". She is also among the cast members of Disney's musical fantasy "Into the Woods" directed by Rob Marshall. The former is due in the U.S. on June 6, and the latter is slated for December 25.
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6