Emily Blunt in Talks for Denis Villeneuve's Female-Driven Crime Drama 'Sicario'
Emily Blunt is in negotiations to headline an upcoming crime film called "Sicario". She is expected to play a female cop from Tucson, Arizona who travels across the border to Mexico with mercenaries to track down a drug lord.
Denis Villeneuve ("Prisoners") is attached to direct. "Sons of Anarchy" actor Taylor Sheridan whose story "Comancheria" landed on Black List back in 2012 is tapped to write the screenplay which is in the vein of "No Country for Old Men".
Blunt will next share screen with Tom Cruise in Doug Liman's sci-fi actioner "Edge of Tomorrow". She is also among the cast members of Disney's musical fantasy "Into the Woods" directed by Rob Marshall. The former is due in the U.S. on June 6, and the latter is slated for December 25.
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment