Emily Blunt in Talks for Denis Villeneuve's Female-Driven Crime Drama 'Sicario'
Emily Blunt is in negotiations to headline an upcoming crime film called "Sicario". She is expected to play a female cop from Tucson, Arizona who travels across the border to Mexico with mercenaries to track down a drug lord.
Denis Villeneuve ("Prisoners") is attached to direct. "Sons of Anarchy" actor Taylor Sheridan whose story "Comancheria" landed on Black List back in 2012 is tapped to write the screenplay which is in the vein of "No Country for Old Men".
Blunt will next share screen with Tom Cruise in Doug Liman's sci-fi actioner "Edge of Tomorrow". She is also among the cast members of Disney's musical fantasy "Into the Woods" directed by Rob Marshall. The former is due in the U.S. on June 6, and the latter is slated for December 25.
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media
- Comic-Con: 'Prison Break' Revival Debuts New Trailer and Clip
- Liv Tyler Shares Adorable Breastfeeding Photo With Her Newborn
- Calvin Harris and Kim Kardashian Party Together Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- Drake's New Mixtape Is on the Way as 'Views' Tops Billboard 200 for 11th Week