Emily Blunt in Talks for Denis Villeneuve's Female-Driven Crime Drama 'Sicario'
Emily Blunt is in negotiations to headline an upcoming crime film called "Sicario". She is expected to play a female cop from Tucson, Arizona who travels across the border to Mexico with mercenaries to track down a drug lord.
Denis Villeneuve ("Prisoners") is attached to direct. "Sons of Anarchy" actor Taylor Sheridan whose story "Comancheria" landed on Black List back in 2012 is tapped to write the screenplay which is in the vein of "No Country for Old Men".
Blunt will next share screen with Tom Cruise in Doug Liman's sci-fi actioner "Edge of Tomorrow". She is also among the cast members of Disney's musical fantasy "Into the Woods" directed by Rob Marshall. The former is due in the U.S. on June 6, and the latter is slated for December 25.
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale
- 'Toy Story 4' Release Date Delayed Again, 'The Incredibles 2' Moved Up
- Tom Cruise Secretly Romancing a British Woman and He's 'Serious' About It
- Kim Kardashian Concierge Says Robbers Didn't Want Her Jewelry. What Were They After, Then?
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series