Miley Cyrus Breaks Down as She Sings 'Landslide' for Late Dog Floyd
Miley Cyrus got emotional when she took the stage in Boston a day after the death of her beloved pooch Floyd. During soundcheck before her concert at TD Garden on Wednesday, April 2, the 21-year-old starlet broke down in tears as she performed a song dedicated to the late dog.
"I'm sure you guys already know, but the reason that I'm so upset is my dog, I shouldn't say he was my favorite but he was my favorite, he passed away," Cyrus told the crowd. "We used to always listen to Fleetwood Mac together, it's his favorite song...so I wanna do this song for Floyd. This song is 'Landslide'."
The former Disney star was seen wiping away tears from her face several times during the performance. Her younger sister Noah Cyrus eventually came to the stage to comfort the singer with a hug.
On Tuesday, Cyrus took to Twitter to announce her dog's passing. "I don't wanna say it because I don't want it to be real... But my precious baby Floyd has passed away," she said. "I know I don't mean it but I wish he would've taken me with him... this is unbearable. What am I gonna do without him?"
She additionally apologized to fans who already had tickets to her Boston show. "I'm sorry in advance if I am not myself tomorrow Boston. I will try my best to be my best," she continued.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host