Miley Cyrus Breaks Down as She Sings 'Landslide' for Late Dog Floyd
Miley Cyrus got emotional when she took the stage in Boston a day after the death of her beloved pooch Floyd. During soundcheck before her concert at TD Garden on Wednesday, April 2, the 21-year-old starlet broke down in tears as she performed a song dedicated to the late dog.
"I'm sure you guys already know, but the reason that I'm so upset is my dog, I shouldn't say he was my favorite but he was my favorite, he passed away," Cyrus told the crowd. "We used to always listen to Fleetwood Mac together, it's his favorite song...so I wanna do this song for Floyd. This song is 'Landslide'."
The former Disney star was seen wiping away tears from her face several times during the performance. Her younger sister Noah Cyrus eventually came to the stage to comfort the singer with a hug.
On Tuesday, Cyrus took to Twitter to announce her dog's passing. "I don't wanna say it because I don't want it to be real... But my precious baby Floyd has passed away," she said. "I know I don't mean it but I wish he would've taken me with him... this is unbearable. What am I gonna do without him?"
She additionally apologized to fans who already had tickets to her Boston show. "I'm sorry in advance if I am not myself tomorrow Boston. I will try my best to be my best," she continued.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song
- Charlize Theron Hosts Baby Shower for Pal Emily Blunt
- Johnny Depp's Hollywood Vampires Concert Went Ahead Despite Boycott Threat
- Selena Gomez Calls Paul Rudd a 'Pervert' in 'Fundamentals of Caring' First Trailer
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Remake Series, Tells Fans to Boycott the Show
- Is Justin Bieber Ready to Settle Down With Nicola Peltz?
- Kylie, Kendall Jenner and Gal Pals Strip Down to Sexy Bikinis as They Kick Off Summer
- The Rock Confirms Starring Role in Shane Black's 'Doc Savage'