Zac Efron Replaces Shia LaBeouf in Legal Thriller 'The Associate'
Zac Efron will star in and produce an adaptation of John Grisham's legal thriller novel "The Associate", according to The Wrap. Shia LaBeouf was initially attached to play the lead role when the project was set up at Paramount.
Efron is set to play a Yale Law School grad who is blackmailed by a group of criminals. He is forced to work at the world's largest law firm, where he's tasked with spying on their work in a dispute between two powerful defense contractors.
Aside from letting go of "The Associate", LaBeouf also exited from Barry Levinson's comedy "Rock the Kasbah" which is supported by A-listers like Bill Murray, Bruce Willis, Kate Hudson, Danny McBride, and Zooey Deschanel. He is replaced by "Entourage" star Scott Caan.
LaBeouf, who was entangled in a plagiarism scandal early this year, was last seen in "Nymphomaniac" which unfortunately tanked on box office. He will next appear in David Ayer's war film "Fury" along with Brad Pitt, Logan Lerman, and Michael Pena.
Efron himself released his bromance movie "That Awkward Moment", starring Miles Teller and Michael B. Jordan, in January. He will be feuding onscreen with Seth Rogen in "Neighbors" due May 9 Stateside.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!