Selena Gomez Trespasser Gets 45 Days in Jail
A 20-year-old man who allegedly broke into Selena Gomez's house in Calabasas in late March has been served with jail sentence. According to the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, the man named Che Cruz pleaded no contest to unauthorized entry of a dwelling house, a misdemeanor, on Wednesday, March 2.
Cruz was sentenced to 45 days in jail and three years of probation. He was also ordered to stay away from the "Spring Breakers" star and her property and was prohibited from possessing any weapons.
Cruz broke into Gomez's property on March 30 when the singer reportedly was at home. He rang the doorbell and asked about the singer, but was told she was not at home. Police then found him in the bathroom of Gomez's guest house. The homeless man then was arrested on suspicion of trespassing and burglary.
Gomez recently took the stage at the 2014 Kids' Choice Awards to receive an award for Favorite Female Singer. Wearing a Dolce Gabbana outfit, Casadei heels and Neil Lane jewels, Gomez beat her competitors which included Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry at the Saturday, March 29 event.
"You guys have been the most loyal, dedicated people in my life because you continuously every year bless me with the opportunity to do what I love," she said during her speech. "Thank you and this is for you."
More Selena Gomez News
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer