Selena Gomez Trespasser Gets 45 Days in Jail
A 20-year-old man who allegedly broke into Selena Gomez's house in Calabasas in late March has been served with jail sentence. According to the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, the man named Che Cruz pleaded no contest to unauthorized entry of a dwelling house, a misdemeanor, on Wednesday, March 2.
Cruz was sentenced to 45 days in jail and three years of probation. He was also ordered to stay away from the "Spring Breakers" star and her property and was prohibited from possessing any weapons.
Cruz broke into Gomez's property on March 30 when the singer reportedly was at home. He rang the doorbell and asked about the singer, but was told she was not at home. Police then found him in the bathroom of Gomez's guest house. The homeless man then was arrested on suspicion of trespassing and burglary.
Gomez recently took the stage at the 2014 Kids' Choice Awards to receive an award for Favorite Female Singer. Wearing a Dolce Gabbana outfit, Casadei heels and Neil Lane jewels, Gomez beat her competitors which included Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry at the Saturday, March 29 event.
"You guys have been the most loyal, dedicated people in my life because you continuously every year bless me with the opportunity to do what I love," she said during her speech. "Thank you and this is for you."
More Selena Gomez News
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4
- Drake's 'Views' Gets Quadruple-Platinum Certification
- Jimmy Kimmel Selected to Host 2017 Academy Awards
- Back on? Ryan Seacrest Spotted on Romantic Bike Ride With Ex Shayna Taylor in Venice
- Swoon Alert! Michelle Williams and James Van Der Beek Have 'Dawson's Creek' Mini Reunion
- Taylor Lautner Caught Making Out With His 'Scream Queens' Co-Star Billie Lourd
- Liam Payne's Facebook Is Hacked With Porn Images of Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry
- Optimus Prime Wants to Kill Bumblebee in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' First Teaser Trailer