Ed Sheeran Serenades a Terminally Ill Female Fan Hours Before Her Death
Ed Sheeran has helped make a fan's last wish come true. The British gingerhead serenaded a terminally ill girl named Triona Priestley over the phone just hours before the Dublin teen died on Sunday, March 30.
Priestley, who died at the age of 15, was in the final stages of battling cystic fibrosis when she revealed her dying wish to hear from Sheeran. When her health condition worsened, her friends tried to reach out to the "Lego House" crooner on Twitter by using the hashtag #SongForTri.
Immediately after #SongForTri became popular, Sheeran's management contacted Priestley's friend Lucy Hanlon to arrange a call between the girl and her idol.
After the touching exchange, Hanlon wrote on Facebook, "Ed rang Triona and personally sang 'Little Bird' to her as she took her last breaths. Triona left us listening to her idol surrounded by all the people she loved."
Upon hearing Priestley's death, Sheeran paid tribute on Twitter, writing, "Rest in peace Triona, so heartbreaking x."
More Ed Sheeran News
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Stan Lee Supports Zendaya to Portray Mary Jane in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds