Ed Sheeran Serenades a Terminally Ill Female Fan Hours Before Her Death
Ed Sheeran has helped make a fan's last wish come true. The British gingerhead serenaded a terminally ill girl named Triona Priestley over the phone just hours before the Dublin teen died on Sunday, March 30.
Priestley, who died at the age of 15, was in the final stages of battling cystic fibrosis when she revealed her dying wish to hear from Sheeran. When her health condition worsened, her friends tried to reach out to the "Lego House" crooner on Twitter by using the hashtag #SongForTri.
Immediately after #SongForTri became popular, Sheeran's management contacted Priestley's friend Lucy Hanlon to arrange a call between the girl and her idol.
After the touching exchange, Hanlon wrote on Facebook, "Ed rang Triona and personally sang 'Little Bird' to her as she took her last breaths. Triona left us listening to her idol surrounded by all the people she loved."
Upon hearing Priestley's death, Sheeran paid tribute on Twitter, writing, "Rest in peace Triona, so heartbreaking x."
More Ed Sheeran News
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child