Ed Sheeran Serenades a Terminally Ill Female Fan Hours Before Her Death
Ed Sheeran has helped make a fan's last wish come true. The British gingerhead serenaded a terminally ill girl named Triona Priestley over the phone just hours before the Dublin teen died on Sunday, March 30.
Priestley, who died at the age of 15, was in the final stages of battling cystic fibrosis when she revealed her dying wish to hear from Sheeran. When her health condition worsened, her friends tried to reach out to the "Lego House" crooner on Twitter by using the hashtag #SongForTri.
Immediately after #SongForTri became popular, Sheeran's management contacted Priestley's friend Lucy Hanlon to arrange a call between the girl and her idol.
After the touching exchange, Hanlon wrote on Facebook, "Ed rang Triona and personally sang 'Little Bird' to her as she took her last breaths. Triona left us listening to her idol surrounded by all the people she loved."
Upon hearing Priestley's death, Sheeran paid tribute on Twitter, writing, "Rest in peace Triona, so heartbreaking x."
More Ed Sheeran News
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed