Ed Sheeran Serenades a Terminally Ill Female Fan Hours Before Her Death
Ed Sheeran has helped make a fan's last wish come true. The British gingerhead serenaded a terminally ill girl named Triona Priestley over the phone just hours before the Dublin teen died on Sunday, March 30.
Priestley, who died at the age of 15, was in the final stages of battling cystic fibrosis when she revealed her dying wish to hear from Sheeran. When her health condition worsened, her friends tried to reach out to the "Lego House" crooner on Twitter by using the hashtag #SongForTri.
Immediately after #SongForTri became popular, Sheeran's management contacted Priestley's friend Lucy Hanlon to arrange a call between the girl and her idol.
After the touching exchange, Hanlon wrote on Facebook, "Ed rang Triona and personally sang 'Little Bird' to her as she took her last breaths. Triona left us listening to her idol surrounded by all the people she loved."
Upon hearing Priestley's death, Sheeran paid tribute on Twitter, writing, "Rest in peace Triona, so heartbreaking x."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support