Ed Sheeran Serenades a Terminally Ill Female Fan Hours Before Her Death
Ed Sheeran has helped make a fan's last wish come true. The British gingerhead serenaded a terminally ill girl named Triona Priestley over the phone just hours before the Dublin teen died on Sunday, March 30.
Priestley, who died at the age of 15, was in the final stages of battling cystic fibrosis when she revealed her dying wish to hear from Sheeran. When her health condition worsened, her friends tried to reach out to the "Lego House" crooner on Twitter by using the hashtag #SongForTri.
Immediately after #SongForTri became popular, Sheeran's management contacted Priestley's friend Lucy Hanlon to arrange a call between the girl and her idol.
After the touching exchange, Hanlon wrote on Facebook, "Ed rang Triona and personally sang 'Little Bird' to her as she took her last breaths. Triona left us listening to her idol surrounded by all the people she loved."
Upon hearing Priestley's death, Sheeran paid tribute on Twitter, writing, "Rest in peace Triona, so heartbreaking x."
More Ed Sheeran News
- Conspiracy Theorists Claim Elvis Presley Is Alive and Attended His 82nd Birthday
- Kim Kardashian 'Had a Secret Fling' With 'Celebrity Big Brother' Star Calum Best
- 'The Flash' Also Brings Back Rick Cosnett's Eddie Thawne, but How?
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'