Ed Sheeran Serenades a Terminally Ill Female Fan Hours Before Her Death
Ed Sheeran has helped make a fan's last wish come true. The British gingerhead serenaded a terminally ill girl named Triona Priestley over the phone just hours before the Dublin teen died on Sunday, March 30.
Priestley, who died at the age of 15, was in the final stages of battling cystic fibrosis when she revealed her dying wish to hear from Sheeran. When her health condition worsened, her friends tried to reach out to the "Lego House" crooner on Twitter by using the hashtag #SongForTri.
Immediately after #SongForTri became popular, Sheeran's management contacted Priestley's friend Lucy Hanlon to arrange a call between the girl and her idol.
After the touching exchange, Hanlon wrote on Facebook, "Ed rang Triona and personally sang 'Little Bird' to her as she took her last breaths. Triona left us listening to her idol surrounded by all the people she loved."
Upon hearing Priestley's death, Sheeran paid tribute on Twitter, writing, "Rest in peace Triona, so heartbreaking x."
More Ed Sheeran News
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'
- No Worry! Justin Bieber Strips Off His Shirt Showing Off New Inks and Toned Abs in Brazil
- Are Kylie Jenner and Tyga Breaking Up Again? Rapper Moves to New Bachelor Pad
- New 'Valerian' Trailer Offers a Better Look at the City of a Thousand Planets
- Jennifer Aniston Leans on Brad Pitt Amid Justin Theroux Split Rumors
- Details of Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez's Romantic Wedding and Baby Plans Revealed
- Mike WiLL Made It Releases Dramatic Music Video for 'On the Come Up' Feat. Big Sean
- Zac Efron Apologizes to Paris Jackson for Breaking Her Heart