'Today' Show Star Willard Scott Marries Longtime Girlfriend at 80
Willard Scott, former weatherman and a contributor for "Today" show, is a married man. Scott, who turned 80 this year, and his longtime girlfriend Paris Keena exchanged vows on Tuesday, March 1 in Fort Myers, Fla.
Matt Lauer shared the happy news on Wednesday episode of the show. "[Savannah Guthrie] is not the only one who recently got married," he said. The announcement was followed by congratulatory messages from others.
Scott joined the popular morning show as weatherman in 1980. He passed the job to Al Roker in 1996, but he keeps making regular appearances.
Scott met Keena for the first time in 1977, when she worked for NBC's Washington affiliate, WRC. The pair have been together for 11 years before getting married. The newlyweds, however, apparently have no honeymoon plan after celebrating their nuptials. Keena told Today.com, "Our whole life has been a honeymoon."
Only last month Guthrie announced her marriage to communications strategist Mike Feldman and her pregnancy. "We set the wedding date, I bought my dress, and then I found out," Guthrie shared. "We are so excited, overjoyed and feel so blessed."
"It was beautiful. Just everything I could have dreamed. We just wanted to have this private moment. It was a small wedding. We just wanted that moment with our close friends and family to basically drop a big bomb on them," she said of her wedding. Guthrie and Feldman tied the knot in front of guests which included Roker, Lauer, Willie Geist and NBC News reporter Chuck Todd. Her brother Camron walked her down the aisle.
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie