Peabody Awards 2014 Honors 'Breaking Bad', 'House of Cards' and 'Scandal'
The winners of the 73rd Annual George Foster Peabody Awards have been announced. Among this year's winners is "Breaking Bad", which was already honored for excellence in 2008 following the show's debut on AMC in the same year.
"House of Cards", "Scandal", "The Bridge", "Orange Is the New Black", "Orphan Black" and "Key & Peele" are among first-time winners. The Peabody Awards also honors British crime drama "Broadchurch", Danish political drama "Borgen", and French supernatural drama "The Returned".
"The quality of storytelling in electronic media continues to increase year-after-year, across platforms, producing organizations and nations," Dr. Jeffrey P. Jones, director of the Peabody Awards, said in a statement. "The unprecedented number of awards we gave this year reflects this fact. There simply are a larger number of stories that deserve our attention as citizens and consumers. And what a wonderfully rich and satisfying set of stories we've called attention to this year!"
The 46 winners will receive the awards at a ceremony that will take place in New York on May 19. Ira Glass of "This American Life" will serve as the host.
The full list of winners is available on Peabody Awards' official site.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics