Peabody Awards 2014 Honors 'Breaking Bad', 'House of Cards' and 'Scandal'
The winners of the 73rd Annual George Foster Peabody Awards have been announced. Among this year's winners is "Breaking Bad", which was already honored for excellence in 2008 following the show's debut on AMC in the same year.
"House of Cards", "Scandal", "The Bridge", "Orange Is the New Black", "Orphan Black" and "Key & Peele" are among first-time winners. The Peabody Awards also honors British crime drama "Broadchurch", Danish political drama "Borgen", and French supernatural drama "The Returned".
"The quality of storytelling in electronic media continues to increase year-after-year, across platforms, producing organizations and nations," Dr. Jeffrey P. Jones, director of the Peabody Awards, said in a statement. "The unprecedented number of awards we gave this year reflects this fact. There simply are a larger number of stories that deserve our attention as citizens and consumers. And what a wonderfully rich and satisfying set of stories we've called attention to this year!"
The 46 winners will receive the awards at a ceremony that will take place in New York on May 19. Ira Glass of "This American Life" will serve as the host.
The full list of winners is available on Peabody Awards' official site.
- Scott Disick Who? Bella Thorne Reveals She Has Her Eye on Someone New
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Slams His Car Onto Paparazzo in Beverly Hills
- 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Season 9 Taps Jimmy Kimmel and More to Guest Star
- Charlie Sheen Accused of Infecting Gay Lover With HIV
- Gwen Stefani Is Reportedly Pregnant With Twins and Wants Advice From Beyonce
- 'Big Little Lies' Season 2 Is in Early Development
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Expecting 3rd Child
- Demi Lovato and Halsey Squash Feud Rumors With One Cute Selfie