'Frozen' Soundtrack Tops Billboard 200, Outsells 'Shakira'
The soundtrack album of Disney's "Frozen (2013)" has once again topped Billboard 200. Nielsen SoundScan reports that the record, which is supported by Oscar-winning song "Let It Go" by Idina Menzel, continues reigning the chart after selling 161,000 copies.
This is the album's eighth week at No. 1. That's the longest-running streak since Adele's 21, which spent 24 weeks at the top in 2011 and 2012. Released in November, "Frozen" soundtrack has sold 1.8 million copies with 1.5 million sold this year. It is by far the biggest-selling album of 2014.
At Billboard 200's No. 2, Shakira's self-titled set "Shakira" debuts with 84,000. It marks the Latin singer's highest-charting album ever, besting her 2001 "Laundry Service" which peaked at No. 3.
Behind Shakira's new opus, Johnny Cash's "Out Among the Stars" opens at No. 3 with 54,000. The album, consisting of material recorded in the early '80s, is the highest-debuting posthumous release since Jimi Hendrix's "People, Hell and Angels" debuted at No. 2 with 72,000 early last year.
Memphis May Fire's "Unconditional" arrives at No. 4 with 27,000. That's the rock band's best sales week ever, surpassing their "Challenger" which started with 18,000 in 2012. Rounding out the top 5 is Pharrell Williams' "G I R L" which jumps from last week's No. 6 with 25,000.
Mary Mary's Erica Campbell has her first solo effort "Help" landed at No. 6 with 23,000. At No. 7, YG's "My Krazy Life" plunges from No. 2 to No. 7 with almost 23,000. Barry Manilow scores his 14th top 10 album as his "Night Songs" enters the chart at No. 8 with 22,000.
My Chemical Romance's compilation "May Death Never Stop You: The Greatest Hits 2001-2013" debuts at No. 9 with 20,000. Lorde's "Pure Heroine" takes the last spot on the top 10 after selling nearly 20,000 units.
- "Frozen (2013)" Soundtrack - Various Artists (161,000)
- "Shakira" - Shakira (84,000)
- "Out Among the Stars" - Johnny Cash (54,000)
- "Unconditional" - Memphis May Fire (27,000)
- "G I R L" - Pharrell Williams (34,000)
- "Help" - Erica Campbell (23,000)
- "My Krazy Life" - YG (23,000)
- "Night Songs" - Barry Manilow (22,000)
- "May Death Never Stop You: The Greatest Hits 2001-2013" - My Chemical Romance (20,000)
- "Pure Heroine" - Lorde (Nearly 20,000)
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show