Michael Strahan Confirms 'Good Morning America' Part-Time Gig
People can now stop speculating about whether or not Michael Strahan is joining "Good Morning America" for the former NFL star himself has addressed the news. On Wednesday, March 2, he sort of confirmed his new gig when co-hosting "Live! with Kelly and Michael" with Kelly Ripa.
"The big news is that I'm gonna be on 'GMA' now," he said, before recalling how the talks began, "So what is so surprising is I had a meeting, and we talked about the possibility there." Saying that it's a part-time gig, he added, "I don't think I could do it every day. I have a lot going on. I have to be smart about it."
Assuring fans that "Live!" would remain his "home," he said, "Just want everyone to know and you to know that no matter what, this is my No. 1 priority, and you are my No. 1 priority, and I would never do anything to jeopardize the quality of what I do here."
It was reported before that the talks between Strahan and ABC began a month ago before Josh Elliott made the decision to leave "GMA" for NBC Sports. Following Elliott's sudden departure, George Stephanopoulos is now the only male anchor on "GMA" panel.
More Good Morning America News
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo