Michael Strahan Confirms 'Good Morning America' Part-Time Gig
People can now stop speculating about whether or not Michael Strahan is joining "Good Morning America" for the former NFL star himself has addressed the news. On Wednesday, March 2, he sort of confirmed his new gig when co-hosting "Live! with Kelly and Michael" with Kelly Ripa.
"The big news is that I'm gonna be on 'GMA' now," he said, before recalling how the talks began, "So what is so surprising is I had a meeting, and we talked about the possibility there." Saying that it's a part-time gig, he added, "I don't think I could do it every day. I have a lot going on. I have to be smart about it."
Assuring fans that "Live!" would remain his "home," he said, "Just want everyone to know and you to know that no matter what, this is my No. 1 priority, and you are my No. 1 priority, and I would never do anything to jeopardize the quality of what I do here."
It was reported before that the talks between Strahan and ABC began a month ago before Josh Elliott made the decision to leave "GMA" for NBC Sports. Following Elliott's sudden departure, George Stephanopoulos is now the only male anchor on "GMA" panel.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen