Michael Strahan Confirms 'Good Morning America' Part-Time Gig
People can now stop speculating about whether or not Michael Strahan is joining "Good Morning America" for the former NFL star himself has addressed the news. On Wednesday, March 2, he sort of confirmed his new gig when co-hosting "Live! with Kelly and Michael" with Kelly Ripa.
"The big news is that I'm gonna be on 'GMA' now," he said, before recalling how the talks began, "So what is so surprising is I had a meeting, and we talked about the possibility there." Saying that it's a part-time gig, he added, "I don't think I could do it every day. I have a lot going on. I have to be smart about it."
Assuring fans that "Live!" would remain his "home," he said, "Just want everyone to know and you to know that no matter what, this is my No. 1 priority, and you are my No. 1 priority, and I would never do anything to jeopardize the quality of what I do here."
It was reported before that the talks between Strahan and ABC began a month ago before Josh Elliott made the decision to leave "GMA" for NBC Sports. Following Elliott's sudden departure, George Stephanopoulos is now the only male anchor on "GMA" panel.
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'