Michael Strahan Confirms 'Good Morning America' Part-Time Gig
People can now stop speculating about whether or not Michael Strahan is joining "Good Morning America" for the former NFL star himself has addressed the news. On Wednesday, March 2, he sort of confirmed his new gig when co-hosting "Live! with Kelly and Michael" with Kelly Ripa.
"The big news is that I'm gonna be on 'GMA' now," he said, before recalling how the talks began, "So what is so surprising is I had a meeting, and we talked about the possibility there." Saying that it's a part-time gig, he added, "I don't think I could do it every day. I have a lot going on. I have to be smart about it."
Assuring fans that "Live!" would remain his "home," he said, "Just want everyone to know and you to know that no matter what, this is my No. 1 priority, and you are my No. 1 priority, and I would never do anything to jeopardize the quality of what I do here."
It was reported before that the talks between Strahan and ABC began a month ago before Josh Elliott made the decision to leave "GMA" for NBC Sports. Following Elliott's sudden departure, George Stephanopoulos is now the only male anchor on "GMA" panel.
More Good Morning America News
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'