Michael Strahan Confirms 'Good Morning America' Part-Time Gig
People can now stop speculating about whether or not Michael Strahan is joining "Good Morning America" for the former NFL star himself has addressed the news. On Wednesday, March 2, he sort of confirmed his new gig when co-hosting "Live! with Kelly and Michael" with Kelly Ripa.
"The big news is that I'm gonna be on 'GMA' now," he said, before recalling how the talks began, "So what is so surprising is I had a meeting, and we talked about the possibility there." Saying that it's a part-time gig, he added, "I don't think I could do it every day. I have a lot going on. I have to be smart about it."
Assuring fans that "Live!" would remain his "home," he said, "Just want everyone to know and you to know that no matter what, this is my No. 1 priority, and you are my No. 1 priority, and I would never do anything to jeopardize the quality of what I do here."
It was reported before that the talks between Strahan and ABC began a month ago before Josh Elliott made the decision to leave "GMA" for NBC Sports. Following Elliott's sudden departure, George Stephanopoulos is now the only male anchor on "GMA" panel.
More Good Morning America News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!