Chinese Actor Wen Zhang's Apology to Wife on Social Media Breaks Records
Chinese actor Wen Zhang breaks records with a post he wrote on Weibo, China's version of Twitter. On early Monday, March 31, he took to the social networking site to apologize to his wife actress Ma Yili over his infidelity. In 10 hours, the post was forwarded more than 1 million times and was flooded with 2.5 million comments, breaking Weibo records.
"I have brought this upon myself. A mistake is a mistake. This has nothing to do with anyone else," Wen Zhang wrote, per The Hollywood Reporter. "Today, I am willing to accept all the consequences. I've let down Ma Yili and our children. My mistake does not deserve to be forgiven, and it will be difficult for me to make amends for all the harm I've caused. But I want to do it. I have to do it. This is what I'll do for the rest of my life."
The stars, who already have one child together, are expecting their second child. Shortly after the apology was released, Yili wrote, "Being in love is easy, being married is not. It is to be cherished."
Wen is popular for his appearance in Stephen Chow's 2013 movie "Journey to the West". He also took part in "Badges of Fury", starring Jet Li.
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise