Chinese Actor Wen Zhang's Apology to Wife on Social Media Breaks Records
Chinese actor Wen Zhang breaks records with a post he wrote on Weibo, China's version of Twitter. On early Monday, March 31, he took to the social networking site to apologize to his wife actress Ma Yili over his infidelity. In 10 hours, the post was forwarded more than 1 million times and was flooded with 2.5 million comments, breaking Weibo records.
"I have brought this upon myself. A mistake is a mistake. This has nothing to do with anyone else," Wen Zhang wrote, per The Hollywood Reporter. "Today, I am willing to accept all the consequences. I've let down Ma Yili and our children. My mistake does not deserve to be forgiven, and it will be difficult for me to make amends for all the harm I've caused. But I want to do it. I have to do it. This is what I'll do for the rest of my life."
The stars, who already have one child together, are expecting their second child. Shortly after the apology was released, Yili wrote, "Being in love is easy, being married is not. It is to be cherished."
Wen is popular for his appearance in Stephen Chow's 2013 movie "Journey to the West". He also took part in "Badges of Fury", starring Jet Li.
- Henry Cavill's Mustache Will Be Digitally Removed From 'Justice League' Reshoots
- Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee Slam Venezuelan President for Using 'Despacito' as Political Propaganda
- Makeup-Free Kesha Shows Her Freckles in New Selfie
- Birdman Fires Back After Tyga Claims Cash Money Owes Him $12 Million
- Kevin Hart Considers Renewing Wedding Vows to Eniko Parrish Amid Cheating Rumors
- Netflix Debuts Teaser Trailer for New Margaret Atwood Adaptation, 'Alias Grace'
- Joshep Duggar Shares Romantic Engagement Photos With Fiancee Kendra Caldwell
- Daniel Craig Confirmed to Return for Bond 25, Release Date Announced