Chinese Actor Wen Zhang's Apology to Wife on Social Media Breaks Records
Chinese actor Wen Zhang breaks records with a post he wrote on Weibo, China's version of Twitter. On early Monday, March 31, he took to the social networking site to apologize to his wife actress Ma Yili over his infidelity. In 10 hours, the post was forwarded more than 1 million times and was flooded with 2.5 million comments, breaking Weibo records.
"I have brought this upon myself. A mistake is a mistake. This has nothing to do with anyone else," Wen Zhang wrote, per The Hollywood Reporter. "Today, I am willing to accept all the consequences. I've let down Ma Yili and our children. My mistake does not deserve to be forgiven, and it will be difficult for me to make amends for all the harm I've caused. But I want to do it. I have to do it. This is what I'll do for the rest of my life."
The stars, who already have one child together, are expecting their second child. Shortly after the apology was released, Yili wrote, "Being in love is easy, being married is not. It is to be cherished."
Wen is popular for his appearance in Stephen Chow's 2013 movie "Journey to the West". He also took part in "Badges of Fury", starring Jet Li.
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones