Chinese Actor Wen Zhang's Apology to Wife on Social Media Breaks Records
Chinese actor Wen Zhang breaks records with a post he wrote on Weibo, China's version of Twitter. On early Monday, March 31, he took to the social networking site to apologize to his wife actress Ma Yili over his infidelity. In 10 hours, the post was forwarded more than 1 million times and was flooded with 2.5 million comments, breaking Weibo records.
"I have brought this upon myself. A mistake is a mistake. This has nothing to do with anyone else," Wen Zhang wrote, per The Hollywood Reporter. "Today, I am willing to accept all the consequences. I've let down Ma Yili and our children. My mistake does not deserve to be forgiven, and it will be difficult for me to make amends for all the harm I've caused. But I want to do it. I have to do it. This is what I'll do for the rest of my life."
The stars, who already have one child together, are expecting their second child. Shortly after the apology was released, Yili wrote, "Being in love is easy, being married is not. It is to be cherished."
Wen is popular for his appearance in Stephen Chow's 2013 movie "Journey to the West". He also took part in "Badges of Fury", starring Jet Li.
- Calvin Harris Announces New Single Featuring Pharrell, Ariana Grande and Young Thug
- New Boyfriend? Ellie Goulding Spotted Getting Cozy With Athlete Caspar Jopling
- 'The Flash' 3.19 Preview: Meet Future Barry Allen
- Natalie Portman Will Portray Bull Rider in 'Bronco Belle'
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'