Russell Brand Twisting Fairy Tales for New Children's Books
Russell Brand is adding children's book author to his CV. The British comedian announced in a video message on Thursday, April 1 that he was working on a series of illustrated children's books titled "Trickster Tales".
Brand will share his own interpretation of classic fairy stories because "once we start changing the way children see the world, oh we can do all sorts of stuff". His first story in the series is called "The Pied Piper of Hamelin." He said, "I know you've already heard of that. And you might think, 'Well, that isn't your story.' Yeah, I know, I've done a different version of it."
His version begins with, "Once upon a time, long ago, in a time that seemed to those present, exactly like now, except their teeth weren't so clean and more things were wooden, there was a town called Hamelin. ...The clock made its sixth chime. 'Now it's six,' said the glint-eyed piper. A rat that was eating his discarded ham sandwich looked up, fearfully. All the rats paused."
Brand will be assisted in the illustration by the award-winning artist Chris Riddell. The first story will be published in November under publisher Canongate. "It's coming out soon. Do you want it? You can have it if you want," Brand promised. Canongate said the books would be "filled with humor and mischievous energy."
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too