Peter Jackson's Private Jet Joins Search for Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane
Peter Jackson's private jet takes part in the search of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH730 which went missing in early March. As reported by The New Zealand Herald, a representative for the director of "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" has confirmed that Jackson's Gulfstream G650 jet joins others to look for the missing Boeing 777.
A spokesperson for Jackson Matt Dravitzki declined to comment on how much the director was compensated for the use of the jet. "Peter would not seek publicity for something like this and would actively avoid it in fact. A lot of civilian and military aircraft are involved in the search, and it's kind of disappointing that because one is owned by a celebrity it becomes a matter of news when there are [over] 200 people missing," Dravitzki said.
The jet, which is managed by the international aviation charter service Execujet in Wellington, was purchased in 2013 reportedly at around $80 million. It now serves as a communications relay for military aircraft which are looking for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane, joining nine ships and 10 aircraft in the Perth-based search.
The plane was en route to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur when it vanished on March 8 with 239 people on board. The search is now focused on area over Indian ocean, west of Perth after pieces which are believed to be parts of the missing plane were spotted in the area.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce