Peter Jackson's Private Jet Joins Search for Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane
Peter Jackson's private jet takes part in the search of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH730 which went missing in early March. As reported by The New Zealand Herald, a representative for the director of "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" has confirmed that Jackson's Gulfstream G650 jet joins others to look for the missing Boeing 777.
A spokesperson for Jackson Matt Dravitzki declined to comment on how much the director was compensated for the use of the jet. "Peter would not seek publicity for something like this and would actively avoid it in fact. A lot of civilian and military aircraft are involved in the search, and it's kind of disappointing that because one is owned by a celebrity it becomes a matter of news when there are [over] 200 people missing," Dravitzki said.
The jet, which is managed by the international aviation charter service Execujet in Wellington, was purchased in 2013 reportedly at around $80 million. It now serves as a communications relay for military aircraft which are looking for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane, joining nine ships and 10 aircraft in the Perth-based search.
The plane was en route to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur when it vanished on March 8 with 239 people on board. The search is now focused on area over Indian ocean, west of Perth after pieces which are believed to be parts of the missing plane were spotted in the area.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'