Drake Debuts New Track 'Draft Day'
After teasing "Draft Day" on Twitter in early March, Drake released the new track on Tuesday, April 1. Produced by Boi-1da and The Fans, the song samples Lauryn Hill's 1998 hit "Doo-Wop (That Thing)".
The track is a nod to Johnny Manziel, the 21-year-old football star and Heisman Trophy winner whom Drake became close with last year. It also features the Canadian MC giving a shout-out to actress Jennifer Lawrence and name-checking fellow rapper Chance the Rapper.
"And if I've left this s**t to chance/ I would've picked a name like Chance the Rapper/ No offense cause I don't know that n***a/ I'm focused on makin' records and gettin' bigger/ Just hits, no misses, that's for the married folks," he raps.
Drake recently wrapped up his "Would You Like a Tour" tour, which was launched to support his latest album "Nothing Was the Same". During a show in the U.K. late last month, he debuted a new track titled "Call on Me".
More Drake News
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch