Drake Debuts New Track 'Draft Day'
After teasing "Draft Day" on Twitter in early March, Drake released the new track on Tuesday, April 1. Produced by Boi-1da and The Fans, the song samples Lauryn Hill's 1998 hit "Doo-Wop (That Thing)".
The track is a nod to Johnny Manziel, the 21-year-old football star and Heisman Trophy winner whom Drake became close with last year. It also features the Canadian MC giving a shout-out to actress Jennifer Lawrence and name-checking fellow rapper Chance the Rapper.
"And if I've left this s**t to chance/ I would've picked a name like Chance the Rapper/ No offense cause I don't know that n***a/ I'm focused on makin' records and gettin' bigger/ Just hits, no misses, that's for the married folks," he raps.
Drake recently wrapped up his "Would You Like a Tour" tour, which was launched to support his latest album "Nothing Was the Same". During a show in the U.K. late last month, he debuted a new track titled "Call on Me".
More Drake News
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Secret to Her Big and Perky Butt
- Disney Opens Up About Leia's Role, Han Solo Movie and the Future of 'Star Wars'
- Rihanna's Pals Begging Her to Stay Away From Chris Brown Amid Rumors Exes Are Reconnecting
- Elisabeth Moss Stands Up for Herself in 'Handmaid's Tale' Full Trailer
- Kendrick Lamar Goes After Donald Trump and Fellow Rapper on 'The Heart Part 4'
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Poster Features Xenomorphs Suffocating the Engineers
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne
- Britney Spears Freaks Out After Sex Tape Leaks Online