Drake Debuts New Track 'Draft Day'
After teasing "Draft Day" on Twitter in early March, Drake released the new track on Tuesday, April 1. Produced by Boi-1da and The Fans, the song samples Lauryn Hill's 1998 hit "Doo-Wop (That Thing)".
The track is a nod to Johnny Manziel, the 21-year-old football star and Heisman Trophy winner whom Drake became close with last year. It also features the Canadian MC giving a shout-out to actress Jennifer Lawrence and name-checking fellow rapper Chance the Rapper.
"And if I've left this s**t to chance/ I would've picked a name like Chance the Rapper/ No offense cause I don't know that n***a/ I'm focused on makin' records and gettin' bigger/ Just hits, no misses, that's for the married folks," he raps.
Drake recently wrapped up his "Would You Like a Tour" tour, which was launched to support his latest album "Nothing Was the Same". During a show in the U.K. late last month, he debuted a new track titled "Call on Me".
More Drake News
- Control Freak Angelina Jolie 'Keeps Tabs' on Brad Pitt: She Has Google Alert on His Name
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think