Drake Debuts New Track 'Draft Day'
After teasing "Draft Day" on Twitter in early March, Drake released the new track on Tuesday, April 1. Produced by Boi-1da and The Fans, the song samples Lauryn Hill's 1998 hit "Doo-Wop (That Thing)".
The track is a nod to Johnny Manziel, the 21-year-old football star and Heisman Trophy winner whom Drake became close with last year. It also features the Canadian MC giving a shout-out to actress Jennifer Lawrence and name-checking fellow rapper Chance the Rapper.
"And if I've left this s**t to chance/ I would've picked a name like Chance the Rapper/ No offense cause I don't know that n***a/ I'm focused on makin' records and gettin' bigger/ Just hits, no misses, that's for the married folks," he raps.
Drake recently wrapped up his "Would You Like a Tour" tour, which was launched to support his latest album "Nothing Was the Same". During a show in the U.K. late last month, he debuted a new track titled "Call on Me".
More Drake News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered