Drake Debuts New Track 'Draft Day'
After teasing "Draft Day" on Twitter in early March, Drake released the new track on Tuesday, April 1. Produced by Boi-1da and The Fans, the song samples Lauryn Hill's 1998 hit "Doo-Wop (That Thing)".
The track is a nod to Johnny Manziel, the 21-year-old football star and Heisman Trophy winner whom Drake became close with last year. It also features the Canadian MC giving a shout-out to actress Jennifer Lawrence and name-checking fellow rapper Chance the Rapper.
"And if I've left this s**t to chance/ I would've picked a name like Chance the Rapper/ No offense cause I don't know that n***a/ I'm focused on makin' records and gettin' bigger/ Just hits, no misses, that's for the married folks," he raps.
Drake recently wrapped up his "Would You Like a Tour" tour, which was launched to support his latest album "Nothing Was the Same". During a show in the U.K. late last month, he debuted a new track titled "Call on Me".
More Drake News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media