Lisa Robertson of 'Duck Dynasty' Reveals She Was Molested as a Child
Lisa Robertson mentions sexual abuse she experienced when she was a child in a newly released book called "The Women of Duck Commander: Surprising Insights from the Women Behind the Beards About What Makes This Family Work". The book, which was written by the women of "Duck Dynasty" Lisa, Kay, Korie, Missy and Jessica, hit the shelves on April 1.
"As a little girl, I had an extended family member who had major drug and alcohol problems," she recalls the horrible experience in an excerpt posted by Time. "Unfortunately, that person lived with my grandparents, so I had to see him often. Because I spent so much time at my grandparents' house, I was easy prey for him. My earliest memory of being molested was at the age of seven when he started to do things to me, things that made me feel bad and dirty."
Later when she was a teenager, Lisa threatened that she would tell her father and kill the abuser. Her parents only knew about the molestation when she got married and has her own children.
"What happened to me happens to many, many people," Alan Robertson's other half says. While Lisa managed to move on with her life through religion, she wants to spread messages to abuse victims that they have hope for "wonderful life" without trauma by sharing her story.
More Duck Dynasty News
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4
- Drake's 'Views' Gets Quadruple-Platinum Certification
- Jimmy Kimmel Selected to Host 2017 Academy Awards
- Back on? Ryan Seacrest Spotted on Romantic Bike Ride With Ex Shayna Taylor in Venice
- Swoon Alert! Michelle Williams and James Van Der Beek Have 'Dawson's Creek' Mini Reunion
- Taylor Lautner Caught Making Out With His 'Scream Queens' Co-Star Billie Lourd
- Liam Payne's Facebook Is Hacked With Porn Images of Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry
- Optimus Prime Wants to Kill Bumblebee in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' First Teaser Trailer