Lisa Robertson of 'Duck Dynasty' Reveals She Was Molested as a Child
Lisa Robertson mentions sexual abuse she experienced when she was a child in a newly released book called "The Women of Duck Commander: Surprising Insights from the Women Behind the Beards About What Makes This Family Work". The book, which was written by the women of "Duck Dynasty" Lisa, Kay, Korie, Missy and Jessica, hit the shelves on April 1.
"As a little girl, I had an extended family member who had major drug and alcohol problems," she recalls the horrible experience in an excerpt posted by Time. "Unfortunately, that person lived with my grandparents, so I had to see him often. Because I spent so much time at my grandparents' house, I was easy prey for him. My earliest memory of being molested was at the age of seven when he started to do things to me, things that made me feel bad and dirty."
Later when she was a teenager, Lisa threatened that she would tell her father and kill the abuser. Her parents only knew about the molestation when she got married and has her own children.
"What happened to me happens to many, many people," Alan Robertson's other half says. While Lisa managed to move on with her life through religion, she wants to spread messages to abuse victims that they have hope for "wonderful life" without trauma by sharing her story.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son