Rapper Wale Explains Scuffle With Hater at WWE Event
Rapper Wale, who was reported to have been involved in a fight with a man at a WWE event on Monday, March 31 in Washington, D.C., offers explanation on the incident, saying that he was provoked by the man via Twitter. Speaking to HotNewHipHop, Wale explains why he approached the man that night.
"It was just a dude that was like, 'I'mma kick your a**. I better not see you here,' " he says. "I was like, 'Yo, is this you?' And one thing lead to another, and I just kind of mushed him a little bit." Wale then adds that he held back because there were some kids.
"Honestly, if there wasn't kids right there, it would have went a little bit differently, but I just wanted to be conscious of them. It's not to say it was the right decision. But in the moment, you know," he continues saying.
"People get it misconstrued," Wale adds of the feud. "Like, 'Oh, you're so butt-hurt.' It's not even that. I come from a place where when we was at the lunch table and n***as was jonesing on each other, I'll respond. I'm gonna have something better, too. And now we've come to a place where, if you respond, you're a b***h. Somebody could say 'F**k you' 100 times, if I say 'f**k you' back, then I'm a b***h. And people be like, 'You're famous, you shouldn't care.' "
"I care what people say because I try to be a man of the people," he says further. "I remember when people used to admire real people that stand behind their words or are stand-up men. I come from that. I had to address him as such. It wasn't nothing really serious."
A source previously told TMZ that "it was a full fight." However, a newly-emerged video suggests that the two were immediately separated before the fight got ugly and they reportedly continued enjoying the show without further incident.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked