Rapper Wale Explains Scuffle With Hater at WWE Event
Rapper Wale, who was reported to have been involved in a fight with a man at a WWE event on Monday, March 31 in Washington, D.C., offers explanation on the incident, saying that he was provoked by the man via Twitter. Speaking to HotNewHipHop, Wale explains why he approached the man that night.
"It was just a dude that was like, 'I'mma kick your a**. I better not see you here,' " he says. "I was like, 'Yo, is this you?' And one thing lead to another, and I just kind of mushed him a little bit." Wale then adds that he held back because there were some kids.
"Honestly, if there wasn't kids right there, it would have went a little bit differently, but I just wanted to be conscious of them. It's not to say it was the right decision. But in the moment, you know," he continues saying.
"People get it misconstrued," Wale adds of the feud. "Like, 'Oh, you're so butt-hurt.' It's not even that. I come from a place where when we was at the lunch table and n***as was jonesing on each other, I'll respond. I'm gonna have something better, too. And now we've come to a place where, if you respond, you're a b***h. Somebody could say 'F**k you' 100 times, if I say 'f**k you' back, then I'm a b***h. And people be like, 'You're famous, you shouldn't care.' "
"I care what people say because I try to be a man of the people," he says further. "I remember when people used to admire real people that stand behind their words or are stand-up men. I come from that. I had to address him as such. It wasn't nothing really serious."
A source previously told TMZ that "it was a full fight." However, a newly-emerged video suggests that the two were immediately separated before the fight got ugly and they reportedly continued enjoying the show without further incident.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story