Rapper Wale Explains Scuffle With Hater at WWE Event
Rapper Wale, who was reported to have been involved in a fight with a man at a WWE event on Monday, March 31 in Washington, D.C., offers explanation on the incident, saying that he was provoked by the man via Twitter. Speaking to HotNewHipHop, Wale explains why he approached the man that night.
"It was just a dude that was like, 'I'mma kick your a**. I better not see you here,' " he says. "I was like, 'Yo, is this you?' And one thing lead to another, and I just kind of mushed him a little bit." Wale then adds that he held back because there were some kids.
"Honestly, if there wasn't kids right there, it would have went a little bit differently, but I just wanted to be conscious of them. It's not to say it was the right decision. But in the moment, you know," he continues saying.
"People get it misconstrued," Wale adds of the feud. "Like, 'Oh, you're so butt-hurt.' It's not even that. I come from a place where when we was at the lunch table and n***as was jonesing on each other, I'll respond. I'm gonna have something better, too. And now we've come to a place where, if you respond, you're a b***h. Somebody could say 'F**k you' 100 times, if I say 'f**k you' back, then I'm a b***h. And people be like, 'You're famous, you shouldn't care.' "
"I care what people say because I try to be a man of the people," he says further. "I remember when people used to admire real people that stand behind their words or are stand-up men. I come from that. I had to address him as such. It wasn't nothing really serious."
A source previously told TMZ that "it was a full fight." However, a newly-emerged video suggests that the two were immediately separated before the fight got ugly and they reportedly continued enjoying the show without further incident.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says