Russell Crowe Won't Return for 'Man of Steel' Sequel
Russell Crowe won't be involved in "Man of Steel" sequel. The actor said it's unlikely for him to reprise his role in the second one because the story would focus on Superman vs. Batman this time around.
"I don't think they're going to use me again. I think they're jumping onto a different stream," the Aussie star explained to Yahoo! Movies. "You know, they're going with the different superhero worlds colliding."
Crowe played Jor-El, Clark Kent's biological father, in the first "Man of Steel". Although his character was killed off early in the movie, he still made several appearances throughout the movie to guide his son.
Henry Cavill and Amy Adams are expected to return as the superhero and his girlfriend Lois Lane respectively. Director Zack Snyder is also back at the helm. It will open against "Captain America 3" on May 6, 2016.
Chris Evans who plays Marvel's superhero called the face-off "a shame." He said, "It's not really fair. Superman would beat everyone really, wouldn't he? What can't he do? [Superman] can turn back time. So even if he loses, he'll just try it again."
Meanwhile, Sebastian Stan who stars as the main baddie in the soon-to-be-released "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" said, "All you have to do to know the answer to that question is look at the track record of Marvel versus DC."
"Man of Steel 2" was facing backlash for casting Ben Affleck as Batman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, and Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. In response to the criticisms, Snyder said he's servicing the material rather than fans when it came to putting together the cast.
"We know the material; unfortunately, the fans don't know the material," he said. "So, we're casting according to what's happening in the script. And we're hoping that leads to enough originality, enough perspective on what we're doing that you get something fresh and exciting."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics