Russell Crowe Won't Return for 'Man of Steel' Sequel
Russell Crowe won't be involved in "Man of Steel" sequel. The actor said it's unlikely for him to reprise his role in the second one because the story would focus on Superman vs. Batman this time around.
"I don't think they're going to use me again. I think they're jumping onto a different stream," the Aussie star explained to Yahoo! Movies. "You know, they're going with the different superhero worlds colliding."
Crowe played Jor-El, Clark Kent's biological father, in the first "Man of Steel". Although his character was killed off early in the movie, he still made several appearances throughout the movie to guide his son.
Henry Cavill and Amy Adams are expected to return as the superhero and his girlfriend Lois Lane respectively. Director Zack Snyder is also back at the helm. It will open against "Captain America 3" on May 6, 2016.
Chris Evans who plays Marvel's superhero called the face-off "a shame." He said, "It's not really fair. Superman would beat everyone really, wouldn't he? What can't he do? [Superman] can turn back time. So even if he loses, he'll just try it again."
Meanwhile, Sebastian Stan who stars as the main baddie in the soon-to-be-released "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" said, "All you have to do to know the answer to that question is look at the track record of Marvel versus DC."
"Man of Steel 2" was facing backlash for casting Ben Affleck as Batman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, and Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. In response to the criticisms, Snyder said he's servicing the material rather than fans when it came to putting together the cast.
"We know the material; unfortunately, the fans don't know the material," he said. "So, we're casting according to what's happening in the script. And we're hoping that leads to enough originality, enough perspective on what we're doing that you get something fresh and exciting."
More Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory