Toby Kebbell to Play Doctor Doom in 'Fantastic Four'
"The Fantastic Four" has found its villain, Variety learns. Toby Kebbell is expected to play Doctor Doom or Victor von Doom in the remake. Before Fox zeroed in on him, the likes of Sam Riley, Eddie Redmayne, Domhnall Gleeson, and Jack Huston were in the mix.
The "Fantastic Four" reboot is directed by Josh Trank ("Chronicle"). Miles Teller will star as the rubber man, Reed Richards, Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm or Human Torch, Kate Mara as Sue Storm or Invisible Woman, and Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm or The Thing.
Simon Kinberg contributes to the scriptwriting, while his co-writer in "X-Men: Days of Future Past", Matthew Vaughn, serves as a producer. The story is still unclear, but rumor suggests the movie will focus on the superheroes in their younger years. It will open June 19, 2015 in the U.S., followed by a sequel on July 14, 2017.
Kebbell's credits include "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time", "The Sorcerer's Apprentice", "War Horse", and "Wrath of the Titans". He was last seen on the big screen in thriller "The East" and will next appear in "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes". He is also among the cast of Duncan Jones' "Warcraft".
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed