Toby Kebbell to Play Doctor Doom in 'Fantastic Four'
"The Fantastic Four" has found its villain, Variety learns. Toby Kebbell is expected to play Doctor Doom or Victor von Doom in the remake. Before Fox zeroed in on him, the likes of Sam Riley, Eddie Redmayne, Domhnall Gleeson, and Jack Huston were in the mix.
The "Fantastic Four" reboot is directed by Josh Trank ("Chronicle"). Miles Teller will star as the rubber man, Reed Richards, Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm or Human Torch, Kate Mara as Sue Storm or Invisible Woman, and Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm or The Thing.
Simon Kinberg contributes to the scriptwriting, while his co-writer in "X-Men: Days of Future Past", Matthew Vaughn, serves as a producer. The story is still unclear, but rumor suggests the movie will focus on the superheroes in their younger years. It will open June 19, 2015 in the U.S., followed by a sequel on July 14, 2017.
Kebbell's credits include "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time", "The Sorcerer's Apprentice", "War Horse", and "Wrath of the Titans". He was last seen on the big screen in thriller "The East" and will next appear in "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes". He is also among the cast of Duncan Jones' "Warcraft".
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing
- Listen to The Weeknd and Cashmere Cat's 'Wild Love' Collab
- Robert Zemeckis Developing Noah's Ark in Space for NBC
- Kylie Jenner Flashes Her Bra Like Kendall After Denying Boob Job Rumors
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Put Their Wedding on Hold. Find Out Why!
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win