Chris Evans Denies Retiring From Acting
Chris Evans has denied recent rumors that he was planning to retire. The "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" actor said his statement in an interview with Variety had been misinterpreted as him quitting acting.
Evans told Variety that he might work off-screen as a director once his Marvel contract is up. "I've known for a while I wanted to direct," the 32-year-old actor was quoted as saying. "But [time] never really opens up. There's another movie to do, there's another acting job. It just got to a point where I was like, you know - I have to do this."
He continued telling Variety, "If I'm acting at all, it's going to be under Marvel contract, or I'm going to be directing. I can't see myself pursuing acting strictly outside of what I'm contractually obligated to do."
Clearing up the air on "Good Morning America" on Monday, March 31, Evans said, "[Suddenly I'm] retiring, hanging up the shoes, I guess! I said that I directed last year. I really responded to it. I really enjoyed it. I'd love to focus a little bit more on that."
He added, "By no means am I planning on retiring. It's kind of a silly statement. But I certainly am going to try to focus a bit more on directing at this point."
More Chris Evans News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!