Chris Evans Denies Retiring From Acting
Chris Evans has denied recent rumors that he was planning to retire. The "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" actor said his statement in an interview with Variety had been misinterpreted as him quitting acting.
Evans told Variety that he might work off-screen as a director once his Marvel contract is up. "I've known for a while I wanted to direct," the 32-year-old actor was quoted as saying. "But [time] never really opens up. There's another movie to do, there's another acting job. It just got to a point where I was like, you know - I have to do this."
He continued telling Variety, "If I'm acting at all, it's going to be under Marvel contract, or I'm going to be directing. I can't see myself pursuing acting strictly outside of what I'm contractually obligated to do."
Clearing up the air on "Good Morning America" on Monday, March 31, Evans said, "[Suddenly I'm] retiring, hanging up the shoes, I guess! I said that I directed last year. I really responded to it. I really enjoyed it. I'd love to focus a little bit more on that."
He added, "By no means am I planning on retiring. It's kind of a silly statement. But I certainly am going to try to focus a bit more on directing at this point."
More Chris Evans News
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment