Chris Evans Denies Retiring From Acting
Chris Evans has denied recent rumors that he was planning to retire. The "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" actor said his statement in an interview with Variety had been misinterpreted as him quitting acting.
Evans told Variety that he might work off-screen as a director once his Marvel contract is up. "I've known for a while I wanted to direct," the 32-year-old actor was quoted as saying. "But [time] never really opens up. There's another movie to do, there's another acting job. It just got to a point where I was like, you know - I have to do this."
He continued telling Variety, "If I'm acting at all, it's going to be under Marvel contract, or I'm going to be directing. I can't see myself pursuing acting strictly outside of what I'm contractually obligated to do."
Clearing up the air on "Good Morning America" on Monday, March 31, Evans said, "[Suddenly I'm] retiring, hanging up the shoes, I guess! I said that I directed last year. I really responded to it. I really enjoyed it. I'd love to focus a little bit more on that."
He added, "By no means am I planning on retiring. It's kind of a silly statement. But I certainly am going to try to focus a bit more on directing at this point."
More Chris Evans News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby