Chris Evans Denies Retiring From Acting
Chris Evans has denied recent rumors that he was planning to retire. The "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" actor said his statement in an interview with Variety had been misinterpreted as him quitting acting.
Evans told Variety that he might work off-screen as a director once his Marvel contract is up. "I've known for a while I wanted to direct," the 32-year-old actor was quoted as saying. "But [time] never really opens up. There's another movie to do, there's another acting job. It just got to a point where I was like, you know - I have to do this."
He continued telling Variety, "If I'm acting at all, it's going to be under Marvel contract, or I'm going to be directing. I can't see myself pursuing acting strictly outside of what I'm contractually obligated to do."
Clearing up the air on "Good Morning America" on Monday, March 31, Evans said, "[Suddenly I'm] retiring, hanging up the shoes, I guess! I said that I directed last year. I really responded to it. I really enjoyed it. I'd love to focus a little bit more on that."
He added, "By no means am I planning on retiring. It's kind of a silly statement. But I certainly am going to try to focus a bit more on directing at this point."
More Chris Evans News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked