Chris Evans Denies Retiring From Acting
Chris Evans has denied recent rumors that he was planning to retire. The "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" actor said his statement in an interview with Variety had been misinterpreted as him quitting acting.
Evans told Variety that he might work off-screen as a director once his Marvel contract is up. "I've known for a while I wanted to direct," the 32-year-old actor was quoted as saying. "But [time] never really opens up. There's another movie to do, there's another acting job. It just got to a point where I was like, you know - I have to do this."
He continued telling Variety, "If I'm acting at all, it's going to be under Marvel contract, or I'm going to be directing. I can't see myself pursuing acting strictly outside of what I'm contractually obligated to do."
Clearing up the air on "Good Morning America" on Monday, March 31, Evans said, "[Suddenly I'm] retiring, hanging up the shoes, I guess! I said that I directed last year. I really responded to it. I really enjoyed it. I'd love to focus a little bit more on that."
He added, "By no means am I planning on retiring. It's kind of a silly statement. But I certainly am going to try to focus a bit more on directing at this point."
More Chris Evans News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl