'Love and Hip Hop' Star Mendeecees Harris Released From Jail
Mendeecees Harris, who is popular for his appearance on VH1's "Love & Hip Hop New York", is released from jail. According to Rochester Democrat & Chronicle, U.S. District Judge Frank Geraci Jr. agreed to release Harris on a $600,000 bail on Monday, March 31 and his fiancee Yandy Smith dropped $200,000 of the total bail.
Harris was arrested last year. He was accused of being involved in a New York-based drug ring alongside his brother Tyrus Harris and another man named Ronald Walker. The star's brother pleaded guilty that day while Walker pleaded guilty last year. Tyrus is now facing a five to seven-year sentence.
As reported by TMZ, Harris said that he wanted to buy some Chinese food after he was released as well as candies. He and Smith then would drove back to New York City from Rochester, where he was held.
Smith, who once was included in Billboard Magazine's "Top 30 Executives under 30", said that she had no problems with being responsible for the $200,000 bond. "Mendeecees is a very good guy," Smith shared. The couple has a 20-month-old son together. The hip-hop talent manager also has another child from a previous relationship.
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7
- 'Teen Wolf' Unveils Stiles' Unexpected Real Name
- Nelly vs. Drake: Twitter Debates Who's the Biggest Rapper
- Are Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman Hinting Pierce Brosnan Will Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'?
- Selena Gomez Gets Advice From Jennifer Aniston on The Weeknd Romance: Ignore the Haters
- Drew Barrymore Eats Humans in First 'Santa Clarita Diet' Trailer