'Love and Hip Hop' Star Mendeecees Harris Released From Jail
Mendeecees Harris, who is popular for his appearance on VH1's "Love & Hip Hop New York", is released from jail. According to Rochester Democrat & Chronicle, U.S. District Judge Frank Geraci Jr. agreed to release Harris on a $600,000 bail on Monday, March 31 and his fiancee Yandy Smith dropped $200,000 of the total bail.
Harris was arrested last year. He was accused of being involved in a New York-based drug ring alongside his brother Tyrus Harris and another man named Ronald Walker. The star's brother pleaded guilty that day while Walker pleaded guilty last year. Tyrus is now facing a five to seven-year sentence.
As reported by TMZ, Harris said that he wanted to buy some Chinese food after he was released as well as candies. He and Smith then would drove back to New York City from Rochester, where he was held.
Smith, who once was included in Billboard Magazine's "Top 30 Executives under 30", said that she had no problems with being responsible for the $200,000 bond. "Mendeecees is a very good guy," Smith shared. The couple has a 20-month-old son together. The hip-hop talent manager also has another child from a previous relationship.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His 'SNL' Debut