'Love and Hip Hop' Star Mendeecees Harris Released From Jail
Mendeecees Harris, who is popular for his appearance on VH1's "Love & Hip Hop New York", is released from jail. According to Rochester Democrat & Chronicle, U.S. District Judge Frank Geraci Jr. agreed to release Harris on a $600,000 bail on Monday, March 31 and his fiancee Yandy Smith dropped $200,000 of the total bail.
Harris was arrested last year. He was accused of being involved in a New York-based drug ring alongside his brother Tyrus Harris and another man named Ronald Walker. The star's brother pleaded guilty that day while Walker pleaded guilty last year. Tyrus is now facing a five to seven-year sentence.
As reported by TMZ, Harris said that he wanted to buy some Chinese food after he was released as well as candies. He and Smith then would drove back to New York City from Rochester, where he was held.
Smith, who once was included in Billboard Magazine's "Top 30 Executives under 30", said that she had no problems with being responsible for the $200,000 bond. "Mendeecees is a very good guy," Smith shared. The couple has a 20-month-old son together. The hip-hop talent manager also has another child from a previous relationship.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce