Ari Graynor Gets Flirty in First 'Bad Teacher' Promo
CBS is adapting Cameron Diaz's movie "Bad Teacher" into the small screen and has released the first promo for the new series. Making its way out via BuzzFeed, it gives a look at Ari Graynor as Meredith Davis, a recent divorcee who works as a teacher in order to find a new man after her wealthy husband leaves her penniless.
The video offers sneak peeks at how tricky Meredith is, using the students to collect information about their parents. There are also scenes showing Meredith getting flirty with some men at school as she begins her mission to find a rich guy to fall in love with. The video additionally introduces David Alan Grier as the school principal, Kristin Davis as Meredith's "rival" and Sara Gilbert as her best friend.
While the original movie was rated R, executive producer Hilary Winston hints that the TV show won't be as raunchy as the feature film. "I certainly cannot compete for the dirtiest joke award on CBS," he says. "That's a tough contest to enter into ... You can't have the teacher smoking a bong in front of the kids, so a big thing from the very beginning was grounding the show in reality, otherwise nothing would actually work."
He explains, "In the film, she was already a bad teacher, but you need to start at the beginning of the story with television, and I loved the idea of this fish out of water coming into a school for the first time with the kind of attitude Cameron Diaz's character has in the movie."
"Bad Teacher" will premiere Thursday, April 24 at 9:30 P.M. on CBS.
"Bad Teacher" Promo
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video